-92-

//REAL LIFE\\

After a gruelling two hours that felt more like weeks, a healer came out to look for Scorpius, the same one who had told him what was going on. Scorpius rose to his feet in anticipation and, noticing the subtle smile on his face, relaxed significantly.

"Your boyfriend is fine, he's resting at the minute and he will probably be asleep for a long time after the shock he's had but he is a very strong willed person" the healer informed them all with a chuckle and every single one heaved a sigh of relief.

"And my baby?" Scorp asked, eyebwors furrowed with worry.

"Is going to be fine" the healer smiled and Socpius let himself release happy tears, his hand on his heart in thanks.

"She has what's called Newborn respiratory distress syndrome and is required to be incubated for a few days, a week at most, but she will most likely make a full recovery" he smiled, reaching out to give Scorpius a comforting squeeze on.

"Is there anything else?" Harry asked, stepping forward.

"Theres a chance in the future she may develop other breathing difficulties such as asthma but nothing that she can't be supported through"

"Thank you so so much" Scirpius cried, his hands clutching at his chest in sincerity, his face broken out in a wide grin.

The healer nodded and disappeared back towards a different room leaving the four stood in the middle of the now much busier waiting room. Ginny was wiping away her tears with a smile and leaning her body into her husband. 

"I can breathe again" Scorpius laughed and headed over to the seats.

"I know how you feel" Ginny laughed and jostled him with her shoulder.

"My boys a fighter" Harry grinned and sat down too, whilst Draco stayed standing up with a gentle smile towards the other three.

"I'm going to get a coffee, anyone want anything?" Draco asked them.

"I'll come, we can go and pick up some food" Harry supplied, getting to his feet and rushing towards the door before Draco could even protest.

"Merlin I meant from the machine, where is he going?"he sighed.

"Oh he eats when he's stressed, just take him to some random muggle fast food restaurant with a  drive through, he'll pay" Ginny waved her hand around causing a chuckle from Scorpius.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Draco sighed "okay, fine"

The man left the hospital to go and find Harry and left the other two seated, waiting for Albus to wake up. The bustle of the hospital around them kept them occupied for a few moments before Ginny spoke, "I'm glad you're the father of my grandbaby"

"Thank you" he smiled warmly, "I'm glad you're their nanny"

Ginny teared up at that and cooed, "aww nanny! I'm a nanny!"

Chuckling Scorpius replied, "yep and a brilliant on, I'll bet"

"You're a sweet young man, you're going to make a wonderful father" she grinned.

"I really wish my mom was here and I know father is feeling the same" he sighed, looking towards his shoes.

"I know, hun but my Harry has gone with him to whatever silly food shop they find themselves at, you dont need to worry, he's in good hands" she smiled.

"I know, it's just shit that she couldn't see my little babygirl" he sighed.

Ginny wrapped her arms gently around his shoulders with a smile, "she'd be so proud of you, Scorpius Malfoy"

"Do you think?"

"Well, I am! What you've done today, its wonderful. You really showed your capabilities and not to mention that you're immensely smart and strong with the biggest heart of anyone I know" she squeezed him even closer to her.

They stayed like that for a while, time passing steadily on without recognition. The smell of her perfume almost sent Scorpius to sleep until high volume laughter sounded from the door and the two fathers barrelled into the hospital in floods of tears at their own escapades. The other two looked at them dissaprovingly and they realised they were being inappropriate in their current setting. Scorpius was pretty sure he even heard Harry say "oops."

"These boys" Ginny sighed and Scorpius laughed. The atmosphere was lifted and worries were alleviated all that was left was waiting and so they spent the majority of the time, now 6am, calling the other adults.

Ron and Hermione arrived first, then Teddy and James, who was fresh out of hogwarts and living with his boyfriend, Molly and Arthur too, George and Angelina, Percy and Audrey, Bill and Fleur,  and even Charlie arrived to see Albus and any chance at seeing the little baby girl even if it was behind a screen of glass.

The other teens remained at hogwarts, Scorpius and Albus had been doing their work at home with the eventual arrival of their baby and were set to go back mid-March to take their NEWTS. At the minute they were being taught their subjects by a private tutor but were looking forward to getting back to school for some sort of normalcy eventhough they knew they'd miss their baby.

Eventually, Al woke up and Scorpius went in alone at first to explain the situation and have some private time with his boyfriend.

"She's going to be okay, baby" Scorpius smiled, running his thumb over Albus' soft cheeks.

"Where is she now?" He asked, his voice scratchy from all the sleep so Scorpius passed a glass of water over as he explained.

"She's being incubated to help regulate her breathing because she has Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome, but they have said she'll be okay aside from the possibility of future breathing problems, like astma" he explained, raising his boyfriend's hand to his lips.

"But she'll recover?" He asked hopefully.

"From the breathing problem, yes" Scorp smiled, "they said it's very unlikely it'll affect her much because it wasnt any more than three weeks"

"That's amazing" Albus grinned, squeezing Scorpius hand as best he could in his weakened state. The two boys smiled st eachother and kissed softly, their hearts full and warm. Their family pouring in and out of the room.

Unfortunately they were made to wait to see their baby, so the men were a little tense but their full hearts never emptied at the news that their baby would be okay.