-54-

//REAL LIFE\\
May 15th: 8months after Albus and Scorpius have gotten together, 4 months since Victoire had been receiving help.

"Uhh... Scorp" came Albus' rather fearful and quiet voice from the bathroom stall.

"Al? Are you okay?" Scorpius fussed, standing up and rushing to the stall door. He had heard his boyfriend retching profoundly for the last thirty minutes and this was the first time he had heard him speak, he was paralysed with worry. It had been 2 weeks since Albus' illness had started, Madame Pomfrey had told them (after much deliberation from Scorpius to get him to see her) that he needed to wait it out and it was just a regular bug.

"I think- I think we have a problem" his voice caught in his throat as he spoke, he was clearly attempting to mask the fact that he was about ready to burst into floods of tears.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked, resting his forehead on the door "can you open up?"

He opened the door slowly and Scorpius came face to face with a dishevelled looking Albus, his uniform ruffled, his cloak and tie discarded on the floor leaving him in just his shirt and trousers, glasses in his hands and face red. He blinked his puffy eyes and rubbed them gently before immediately turning back and throwing up again in the toilets.

Slowly, Scorpius made his way over to his boyfriend and rubbed his back soothingly. They stayed like that for a while, Albus sometimes throwing up into the toilet and Scorpius gently rubbing soothing circles into his back. Worry was eating away at him as time went on and he monitored his boyfriend.The two boys had missed breakfast and possibly two of their morning classes but all the anxiety of fussing over his boyfriend had caused Scorpius to lose track of time completely.

Eventually, Albus stood up straighter and threw himself into Scorpius' arms balling into his shoulder. The latter was once again tasked with aiding his boyfriends comfort. He flushed the toilet and put down the lid with a loud thud which made Albus flinch and rub his temples, his head throbbing with an immense headache. Sitting on the toilet lid he pulled Albus into his lap and repeatedly kissed his forehead attempting to alleviate any distress.

"Scorpius, please don't be mad. I didn't know this would happen" Albus mumbled, moving back to look up at Scorpius' face "I'm scared enough as it is and I don't think I could cope with you being mad at me"

"Al, please, you're scaring me" he pressed, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"I-I" the anxiety was building in him and he felt sick for an entirely different reason this time "I love you, okay?"

"I know, I love you too" he smiled reassuringly, taking Albus' hand and interlocking their fingers tightly "now tell me, baby"

"I'm pregnant" he mumbled, his cheeks burning and fresh tears spilling from his cheeks.

"What?" Scorpius asked incredulously "how? When? How long?"

Scorpius mind was going into overdrive, he wasn't ready for that kind of responsibility. What would his father say? What would Albus' father say? Oh Merlin. However, once he saw the look of fear on Albus' face he relaxed significantly and ran his thumb along his boyfriends knuckles, he needed to be brave for him. He needed to make him feel loved and comforted in this moment, he must be 100 times more terrified than Scorpius was.

"Al, we will do whatever you want to do with this baby. It is you who are carrying them and I want to make sure you're happy with the decision" he reassured, squeezing his hand softly.

"I don't want to get rid of it" he exclaimed, looking into Scorpius' silver eyes with glistening green ones "I know it's so soon and I know it's scary and I know we're only 17 but it is so rare for male wizards to get pregnant and this little nugget is ours, we made them and I don't know if this will ever happen again. I don't want to risk that, I don't want to risk the idea that me and you could have a truly biological baby with both of our DNA. I love you Scorp and I know we can be ready if we're given the time, we'll be in our last year when their born and I'm sure my parents and your dad and my grandma would love to look after a baby again"

Albus' speech made Scorpius grin, he kissed his boyfriend gently on the lips with all the love in the world. He kissed both of his cheeks attempting to rid away the tears that were staining them. He was giving him his dream, a chance at a family and that meant more than anything to him, he had always hoped to have a child of his own and was frankly scared when he realised he was gay that it was practically impossible and yet, here they were.

"I'd like to keep him, too" he whispered

"Him?" Albus quirked a smile, the baby was barely 6 weeks by what the diagnostic he had taught himself told him. He had learnt the spell privately when he began to get increasingly more nauseous as the days went on.

"Well Malfoys are known for their boys" he giggled once again kissing Albus' cheeks.

"So are Potters" he replied, kissing him on his lips, "but I want a little girl"

"You do?"

"Yeah, I want to be able to talk to her about boys and plait her hair and paint her nails, I've always dreamed of having a baby girl"

"You are literally the cutest" Scorpius sighed, squeezing his boyfriend.

"What are we going to tell our parents?" Albus whispered, afraid of the answer and once again pulsing with fear.

"We'll figure it out, Al" he reassured but he was, in reality, just as scared as Albus was.

After a short moment, Scorp spoke again "so how did this happen? And how can you be sure?"

"Well, the other week when I started feeling like utter shit out of no where, being sick at every moment, feeling nauseous and dizzy, all the back ache etcetera etcetera, I went to the library and found a book in the medi-section and there was a short passage on male pregnancies, something about two wizards having immensely powerful magic heritages and true and pure love that make a particularly spectacular mix. It can often result in pregnancy when— y'know— conceiving" he blushed beet red at the last part much to the amusement of Scorpius.

"That's wonderful, we're so powerful we managed to create such a beautiful thing" he rested his hand on Albus' stomach and grinned widely "I can't believe I'm going to be a dad"

The two boys were grinning at each other, all thoughts of the world and fears about their parents tumbling away from them in the ecstasy of being in love, the little bundle growing in Albus' stomach was enough to keep them on cloud-9 for hours. They agreed to tell their families at the weekend, first they needed to inform Madame Pomfrey and Headmistresses McGonagall of the new situation in order to get as much help and support as they could.