≋9≋

❝ʜᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ,
ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ.
ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴅᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪᴍ...ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ɢᴜᴇꜱꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴜʟᴛ❞ — Conor Maynard

|

|

"Joshua!"

"Joshua stop!"

I won't make it in time.

He won't stop.

He'll keep going.

I must keep going.

I have to reach him.

I have to!

"J-joshua."

I was wheezing and out of breath when I stumbled in his wake. He wouldn't meet my eyes just stared at the ground. I was hovered over catching my breath, but I saw how his fists clenched around the bag with his belongings.

"Joshua."

I stood up straighter to look at him. Still, he wouldn't meet my gaze. "I'm an idiot," I started. "A complete imbecile. I didn't explain myself thoroughly to you and now I've drove you away." Vulnerability. Show some vulnerability Montreal!

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't want you to leave Joshua. I never did. I want to stay by you, and for you to stay by me as well but only if you want to." He exhaled deeply at that. "I know that I haven't been exactly clear with what I want and have been sending you mixed signals,"
I took a step forward. He slightly tensed.

"But believe me when I say, no more. The truth is; I'm afraid. I don't know how to express myself or how to tell you what my feelings are. So I'm afraid that I'm not enough for you. Enough for you to stay and want to be with me," I whispered at the end.

He finally looked up at me. "Joshua, I'm so fucking scared. This all feels like deja vu. Like, I've been through all this before, and in the end, it all ends terribly. Though I can't remember exactly how or what it was, I just know that I don't want this to end like that."

My chest felt like it was tightening up. I almost couldn't breathe.

All of a sudden, I was enveloped into a familiar feeling. Not a good feeling either.
No, a terribly familiar feeling.

Little Red,
who told you to stray from the path, hmm?

Now look what you've done. You're in dangerous territory and not a soul can save you.

Little Red,

Can you run and hide?

Will you run and hide?

"Montreal?" A turmoil was happening inside my head and he had no idea. No idea what he could do to me. Hell, I didn't! And that was terrifying. "Is everything alright?" At some point he placed his hands on the both sides of my face.

Or was I just imagining it? I really couldn't stop dissociating enough to see.

"How strange would it be, if he was everything that I need?"

"Well it definitely wouldn't be strange at all."

"Oh my god you're trembling- Montreal!"