≋3≋

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖.❞

❝𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒌-𝒎𝒆-𝒖𝒑, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕...

𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚.❞

 - Lindsay Thomas

"Hey, Monte! Can I come over to your place after school? Coach's new play break-down isn't really sticking well with me."

Carter asked running up to Montreal in the locker room. He had a look in his eye that made Montreal think that that's not what he actually wanted. That and the little wink as well. "I guess," I said as I closed my soccer locker.
"You know man, the more I spend time with you — which albeit isn't a lot — the more I realize that you're a man of few words."
I just put my book bag on my shoulder and turned to walk away.

"Either that or just rude!" He called after me teasingly. "Yeah, I agree with that," I mocked. "You're so cold Monte, ya hear!? Cruel!"

-

Joshua was laying sluggishly in the hallway when he finally gained consciousness. Panic brewed in his gut, almost reaching and closing up his throat with it. He had to lean most of his weight on the wall to help himself get up. Panting, he closed his eyes as the pain shot up his back. His legs almost buckling out from under him. 

Just a few more steps!

A few more and then he'll be near safety. 

Voices coming around from down the hall sent his rapidly beating heart into a frenzy. His death grip on the wall was the only thing stopping him from falling flat back on his ass at that moment. 

No, no, no! They can't be back at exactly this moment! 

How long was he out for? He'd just been laying outside his apartment that he'd never been outside of before, in just his small underwear and a...t-shirt? How strange, his mother would never let him wear anything other than the pretty sheer robes she gives him. How very strange indeed. 

It was then that Joshua realized, he had no idea where he was or where exactly safety was either. He just knew that anywhere besides where he was — anywhere with or near Montreal was safe.

Safe.

Something he has never felt while being anywhere near his mother. The voices — who he realized belatedly — belonged to males. They sounded rather young but Joshua knew that didn't matter just as long as they got what they wanted. He began to drag himself down the hall. Everything hurts. Moving hurts! His breathing was labored and there was nothing he could do about it, but to perhaps stop moving. But to stop would get him caught. Would cause him more pain. 

Joshua moved forward. 

He had just made it into a dark corner when the voices appeared. "— as I was saying, we need to figure this whole thing out! It could be serious!" "I'm just convinced that you are only mildly concerned about my enigma and more about your infatuation," huffed a very familiar voice. There was shocked silence while the door sounded like it was being open.

"Montreal Stuart, you wound me." Montreal!? Montreal! Joshua sucked in a breath. 

He really was close by. 

Safety was close by.

Montreal huffed out a laugh and then there was the sound of the door shutting and locking into place before Joshua could even open his mouth. When he came from out of the corner and into the clearing, there standing at the end of the hallway with a manic smile was no other than,