𝟭𝟲

A kiss of an angel, a kiss of you

•*•

An hour later and Jeongguk's mother had helped me up and outside, making sure I was safe. I felt numb all over as I walked down the lit up streets on the sidewalk, hands in pockets, scarf tucked up under my rosy nose, alone. I stared absentmindedly in front of me as I walked.

I wasn't okay.

I felt so empty.

I needed Jeongguk.

I hadn't even noticed I had started crying again as I walked through the park. The tears felt burning hot on my cheeks in the cold. A droplet slid into my mouth and I tasted the saltiness of my tears. I sobbed as I sat down on the ground, feeling like I couldn't walk anymore at the moment or I would collapse.

I panted as I cried by myself in the middle of the park. His hazel eyes. His smile. His head tilt.

I'd really like to get to know you, he had said. Nobody had ever said that to me before.

We're beautiful, he had said. Nobody had ever said that to me before.

Maybe you're someone other than you think, he had said. Nobody had ever said that to me before.

All the times when he'd just smile and tilt his head. He had known. He had known what he was doing. He had known all the time.

The lamp posts all around me shone faintly in the dark night. But the sky was bright. The galaxy shone brightly on the sky. I looked up through my wet lashes. I looked up at the Milky Way. I cried pathetically. Jeongguk.

But then suddenly, as I looked up in the sky, I saw a flake. A snowflake.

It fell gently in the night, dancing and swinging around elegantly as it fell. I watched with big, puffy eyes as it lowered and lowered and gracefully landed on my nose tip, touching the rosy skin gently, almost magically.

A subtle, comforting wave of heat rushed through my body. A soft blush appeared on my cheeks. It reminded me of the feeling of a soft, tender kiss on the nose.

Jeongguk's kiss.

I sniffled and chuckled softly. I reached up and dried my tears with the back of my hand. I held out my tan hands with black nails, and watched another small snowflake land in my hand, melting slowly due to the heat of my palm compared to the flake. I smiled softly and looked up again.

"... It really snowed." Taehyung said with a subtle shakiness in his deep voice.

He quietly cleared his throat and moved nervously on his feet. He moved his paper away from his face and looked out at the class, cheeks wet from silent tears.

The students sat around in the classroom with wet eyes, some crying, some hiding, and others in shock. The teacher clapped softly and wiped her tears with a tissue she had used plenty of times through Taehyung's presentation.

"Great job Mr. Kim. Thank you so much." The black-haired boy bowed lightly and walked down through the classroom, sitting down in his seat at the back. He glanced at the empty seat beside him and a small, loving smile tugged at the ends of his lips. He wiped his tears as he looked at the small engraving in the table, the smile never leaving his lips.

A kind, gentle soul.
A soul seeking good in bad.
A soul ready to help.
A soul that knew what had to come,
but never feared.

Jeon Jeongguk, 1997 - 2014

"Class, wish each other merry Christmas and then you leave. Have a good Christmas break, everybody." All the students got up and wished each other a merry Christmas, just like they had been told to do, and rushed out. Taehyung made a small jump, lifting his backpack higher up on his back. He tightened his big jacket as well as his fluffy scarf and walked out of the gates of the school.

"Kiddo."

Taehyung looked up and smiled at the sight of his dad. He strolled over to him and the father immediately wrapped his arm around his son's shoulders, squeezing them with a warm chuckle. "Had a good last day?"

The black-haired boy nodded as he was busy fingering the small snowflake hair clip that hung at the bottom of a silver chain around his neck. He smiled softly as he let his newly painted black fingertip glide against the surface. He brought it up to his lips, kissing it tenderly with closed eyes.

I love you. You did it, Jeongguk.

He felt a new, yet oh-so familiar warmth settle in his body, which made him smile a warm smile. The familiar feeling of a kiss of an angel.

Jangil smiled as well as he watched his son. "Thinking about the blondie?"

Taehyung nodded again, hugging the snowflake in his palm. The father hummed and reached up to stroke the back of Taehyung's head in a loving manner.

They continued to walk through the soft, newly fallen snow as they made their way back home, surely getting a good, warm cup of hot chocolate or two when they get there.

• { ——— [❄️] ——— } •