𝟬𝟲

Sometimes we curl up and grow thorns when people get too close; we're afraid they'll touch our petals

•*•

The next day and the first thing I saw were those sparkling, hazel eyes. "Did you find it?"

The anger bubbled in me. I was still so pissed at my mom that I took it out on Jeongguk.

"Why do you even care about it, Jeongguk? It's not your fucking problem, so leave me alone with that dumb, little happy world of yours. You live in Narnia, Jeongguk. I don't need that shit right now and I never will."

My mouth was formed into a snarl, black and dark eyes boring into the poor boy. The look in them was not suitable for children.

But Jeongguk only stayed all calm and tilted his head softly.

"Look for it, Taehyung. It has to be somewhere."

I mumbled some incoherent curses under my breath, as i walked into the classroom with heavy steps, and Jeongguk trailing quietly behind me. I plopped down in my seat, arms and legs folded, after I had thrown my backpack to the ground. I scowled as I stared at the blackboard. None of us said a word for a while as we waited for our biology teacher.

"Can I come home with you?"

"Nope."

Jeongguk tilted his head, his snowflake hair clip shining. "Why not?"

I rolled my eyes. "Because... why do you want to?"

"I could meet you mom."

A dry, harsh laugh slipped past my lips. I wiped away a fake tear and side glanced at the blonde boy. "You don't want to meet my mom."

"We could hang out in your room."

I didn't answer. I ignored him and looked away, focusing intensely on the blackboard at the front of the class.

If Jeongguk lived in Narnia, then I lived in North Korea. Nobody's coming home with me.

The rest of the day, I didn't say another word to him, just like he didn't exist.