𝟭𝟰

Happiness is appreciating every single little thing and living off of them

•*•

I sat in a slightly worn out seat, heading home. A nice heat was kept in the train due to the different people all around inside. I snuggled into the brown backpack on my lap, chasing it's heat and cuddly feel.

I had gotten it from my dad. It contained all kinds of pictures and objects. I had already taken a sneak peek at some of the pictures and it was mostly photos of family members of his.

I really liked that he did that. I had only ever known my mother my whole life, so suddenly getting introduced to a whole new side of a family I didn't even know I had, sounded a bit overwhelming, but also very appealing.

I closed my eyes slowly, a smile spreading on my lips.

So this is how it felt to be happy.

Jeongguk, my dad, everything. I had it all.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to the blondie, black painted fingertips running over the slightly cracked screen.

I've met Kim Jangil.
We're both sure it's him.
That he's my dad.
We'll have a test done so we can be sure fr tho.
And he's not an asshole!!!
He was actually nice. I think?

Jeongguk hadn't opened or seen my message yet, so I assumed he was lost in his usual books. I smiled fondly at the thought.

I glanced down at my nails and lifted them so I could look at them a bit better. The light reflected slightly in the paint due to its smoothness. I ran the pad of my thumb over them, feeling the even surface. Jeongguk truly was good at what he did.

My body bobbed softly as the train moved. I looked outside, watching the sunset through the thick, tinted glass. The colours of the sky spilled over some of the clouds and painted them too.

I sighed contently and closed my eyes softly.