𝟭𝟮

Sometimes you gotta turn off your brain and let your heart do the work for you to get what you truly desire

•*•

I scribbled down some notes in my notebook as I sat in the class, all the other students outside for a break. Jeongguk sat beside me, reading another new book. It was like it was the only thing he did: read. It was always books about adventure and fantasy. I guessed he loved to dream himself away and explore his mind in the different universes. But I never asked.

I sighed and leaned back in my seat, head resting against the white wall behind us. I put down my black and red pencil and read through my writings on the paper.

Boring.

I reached out and looked through all the pages of my notebook, skimming over each one of them. I startled as a football hit the window of the classroom, painting a round, dirty pattern on the glass. I looked out and glared at a student standing and scratching his head awkwardly with a nervous smile.

I scoffed and watched the kid run off.

I looked back down in my notebook and turned to my newest page and began checking through it. I found a spelling mistake and looked through my pencil case for an eraser, but didn't succeed in finding one.

I felt a tap on my arm and I looked to my side to be met with Jeongguk's hazel eyes and gentle smile. I smiled back faintly and took the eraser to quickly correct my mistake.

I still got surprised with myself everytime I smiled back at the blondie, because before I met him, I would normally never have done that. I would probably not look at him or give him some unbothered eyes. I would maybe even have glared.

Mean, I know. But back then, I didn't know better.

I gave him back the eraser and he put it in his pencil case. He then closed his book and turned towards me. "Kim Jangil. He lives in a nice suburb. He's an architect."

I widened my eyes and looked at him. "I told you that I didn't—..." I cut myself off as I stared at him. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Wait, he's an architect? And lives in a nice suburb?"

Jeongguk smiled sweetly and tilted his head to the side. He nodded.

I sat speechless for a moment as I looked around absentmindedly. It then hit me what Jeongguk actually had said and I let out a dry laugh. "That is so not my dad."

He looked down at his phone that he had fetched from his pocket. "There's only one Kim Jangil in Denmark. And he's Korean."

I was once again speechless. I wanted to protest but I had nothing to say. And even if I had something to say, I felt like I couldn't say it because it was Jeongguk. I couldn't go against him in any way. It was physically impossible for me.

I sighed and slumped in my seat, arms crossed as I glared off into the distance.

But I couldn't help the little spark of excitement in me now that I knew who and where my father was.

I sighed again and my muscles relaxed.

Students ran around and played outside, some young ones rolling in the sandboxes, some bit older students sprinting over the field in the distance, playing soccer and yelling to each other, while a group of girls were seated on a bench and a table not too far away, laughing and talking.

I felt a light weight being pressed against my shoulder and I looked down to see blonde, soft locks filling my vision, with a sudden hint of cinnamon in the air.

Jeongguk sat with his head leaned against my shoulder as he read through his book.

I hummed and leaned my chin on his head, glancing down at his book. He delicately turned a page, blue, messily painted nails showing, causing me to chuckle lightly. He placed his hand under the book again after he had turned the fragile page. I skimmed over the words.

Otto swings his legs in a child-like way as he stares down at the earth under him. His rocket flies fast, but still slow enough to let him enjoy the ride and watch all the stars and planets that wave at him with bright smiles on their bright faces. He reaches a hand up and watches the trail his hand leaves in the colorful cloud of stardust, and how it spreads and glitters in the dark sky. He should really remember to thank his rocket one extra time when they arrive back to his bedroom, maybe also kiss Daniel on the cheek for sending him this new friend.

I didn't think. I just acted.

I lifted Jeongguk's chin with a bent index finger and attached our lips.

Jeongguk let out a quiet, surprised sound, which immediately snapped me back to reality, and I detached my lips, removed my finger and widened my eyes. I moved my head away and stared at him. "I—..."

What.

Jeongguk sat and stared up at me with wide, hazel eyes. He blinked his eyes twice and let go of a breath that he seemed like he didn't even know he held himself.

He then smiled cutely and tilted his head. A rosy colour spread across his pale cheeks, taking my breath away as usual.

He was so beautiful.

He softly put down his book on the table and reached up and touched my tan cheek. He glided his thumb against the soft skin and led my head down to his, attaching our lips again.

I immediately loosened up and moved my body so I was turned towards him, giving us more space.

My hands placed themselves on his waist, pulling him close.

Our lips moved sweetly against each other, me chasing his lips every time they left mine for too long. His lips were pillowy, soft, and addicting. If this is what mom felt like when she drank, then I wouldn't blame her.

Jeongguk, my sweet, little intoxication.

Even now, he moved softly and tenderly—his lips moved slowly and delicately against mine. He tilted his head upwards, pressing himself slightly more towards me, every movement of his oh-so gentle.

Blue nails threaded through my black curls as black nails caressed his neck and waist.

Our lips moved perfectly against each other, dancing in sync, hearts intangling. We fit together perfectly. Like yin and yang but this time with the connection part.

Jeongguk smiled sweetly.

When I sat like this with Jeongguk, I didn't wanna be a lone rider anymore. I wanted to go against all the rules I had made for myself all those years ago.

I wanted Jeongguk.

Although we were polar opposites and anyone could see it.

Because yet there we were, sitting in our classroom together, making out with stupid smiles on our faces.