𝟭𝟬

You can never know who you truly are, because you keep growing everyday

•*•

Jeongguk stayed home from school for a week, and then suddenly, one day, he was back in class.

The seat beside me was no longer cold and empty, but instead warm and radiating off calmness and gentleness.

Jeongguk truly made a huge difference.

In some ways, Jeongguk reminded me of snow. His pale skin, his flowy hair, his gentle aura, his beauty. I thought it all added up well.

Hail probably fit me well.

Jeongguk put down his book he was just reading, at the corner of our table, when he finished the last page. "You still haven't Googled him?"

I side-glanced at him and looked away again, arms crossed as I sat slumped in my seat.

"Alright, I'll do it then." He took out his phone from his backpack. I looked at him with annoyed eyes, hands waving dismissively.

"No," I protested in the form of a sigh. "You just don't get it, Jeongguk."

I expected a sigh, maybe a scolding or an annoyed huff, but all I got was a small smile as he looked at me. "Then explain it to me."

I sighed again and looked down at my history book in front of me.

Jeongguk would never understand my life. My mom, crawling on the floor, barking like a dog while my stepdad was on the couch, laughing, and showing his yellow teeth while howling. And that was just last night.

I felt a tap on my arm and I was met with pretty hazel eyes. I sighed.

"Just live your happy life, blondie. Let me live my crappy life in peace."

He tilted his head and looked with gentle eyes. "Maybe it'll change your life. Meeting your dad."

I rolled my eyes and exhaled through my nose. "I'm the child of two losers. And losers have losers." I said with a hint of irritation in my voice.

"You don't know who you are, Taehyung. You're only 17. Maybe you're someone other than you think."

I froze silently with a lump in my throat. I had changed schools four times. I knew who I was.