Once I stepped foot in the fresh air with a slight smell of rain in the air, I pulled out the still ringing phone and pressed the answer button.

    "Hey Bella, please hand over the phone to Mr Storm, none of them seem to be taking my calls and it's really urgent"
Stella's breathless voice sang into my ears.

    "I'll have to rush back to the office Stella, some lady came in to see them and I was asked to excuse them"
I replied feeling my voice almost shake at the end of my sentence.

   "Wait, what do you mean they asked you to excuse them, where are you Bella? "
She inquired.

"I'm outside the cafeteria Stella, just give me a couple of minutes to get to them, what do I tell them was so urgent anyways?"
I asked because lord knows i didn't understand anything Stella said the first time.

"Just tell them Mr Romano has agreed to sell, but he has demanded a meeting by three pm today so he can talk more about our proposal, I need to know if they are available for it"
Stella replied but her voice suddenly sounded like she was irritated by something.

"They are actually available through out the day, but I'll go check if they planned on taking the rest of the day off"
I replied feeling my mood lighting up cause I knew they would leave that woman so they could talk shop with Mr Romano.

" Alright Bella, I'll be waiting for a feedback ASAP. "
She replied and hanged up, taking that as my queue to get a move on, I started rushing into the office building and into the elevator.

Once in the elevator I started feeling a really searing pain that caused me to let out a scream into the empty box that now seemed to be sucking the breath out of me.

Slowly but surely the pain had decreased by the time I made it to our floor, it was still there but it had become a dull ache that I was soothing by rubbing my Tommy through my velvet knee length dress.

Once I got to the door as if on queue Stella started calling again, remembering the urgency of her errand I quickly pushed the office door open and badged in.

Except now I wish I didn't.

Cause there stood Storm reluctantly holding the woman's hand while River hugged her side and Valley, surprisingly Valley was hugging her other side.

I was so shocked, surprised and totally disappointed, but above all that emotion, I was hurt.

I knew I wasn't the kind of woman they wished for in a mate but at least I deserved a bit better than what they were doing.

Clueless as to how much time had passed with us staring at each other and me fighting desperately to reign in my tears, I didn't know what to say to this so I simply stood frozen in my spot till I heard my phone ringing once again.

I looked at it and realized it was Stella, I breathed in a sigh before looking over at Valley who quickly pulled away while the rest Jumped apart as though they were burnt.

Quickly I turned to Valley who seemed closest and sadly he seemed to be the only person I could talk to at this moment.

   "Stella requests that you call her, the people for the echo resort project are demanding a meeting by three pm today"
I finished with a loud sniff, then raised my eyes to the ceiling so I could blink back the tears that so wanted to swallow me whole.

"Bella We -"
River began but I had to leave cause a second more in their presence was going to be disastrous for me.

"Excuse me Sirs"
I whispered as Loud as I could manage, then turned around and started walking away.

Time and time again, the universe was punishing me for things I didn't know.

I deserved better but how was I going to get that better in a world where everyone and everything was bent on ruining my life

Slowly I started walking out of the building and into the rain that had suddenly started pouring.

Of course it would rain cause even the skies knew that I was hurting and no amount of tears were enough to make up for the way I was feeling right now.

I have no idea how long I'd sat in the bench in the park under the heavy rain, I was exhausted, weak and really cold. I tried to get up but realized that I couldn't so I decided to sit down on the bench and hope to God that someone would find me.

I had probably passed out or I was close to it but I felt someone lift me off the bench whispering words I could only catch in mumbles.

"We are Sorry -, deserve This Bella". Before I totally surrendered to the darkness that'd surrounded my life with hope for a better tomorrow.