PROLOGUE

What does it take for a man to cheat on his wife?

 that's the question Khiona asks herself almost everyday, tinignan niya ang marka ng pula na lipstick sa blouse ng kanyang asawa, she ran her thumb through the mark and felt the intense tightening of her chest.

he did it again, with that woman.

''Hon?''

when her husband called, agad agad niyang siniksik ang blouse sa loob ng kanyang automatic washing machine, she stood up from the expensive tiled flooring of the laundry room and fixed her white dress up. ''yes?'' she answered.

''I'm heading to work, are you okay? you've been quiet lately.'' nag aalalang tanong ni James, her husband for 4 years. pilit na ngumiti ang dalaga. ''yes, i'm fine! goodluck on your work, as always dinner will be waiting for you.''ngiting tugon ng dalaga.

''about that, baka mag over time ulit ako, don't wait up on me.'' ani ng lalake sa kanyang asawa.

he's gonna sleep  with her again.

''okay... anong oras ka makakauwi? so i can ran you the bath tub when you get home.'' ani ng dalaga, tinignan niya ang oras sa kanyang wrist watch. ''two am? i don't know yet, just get the bath ready, i'll just ran some hot water in it kung lalamig.'' ngiting tugon nito.

hinalikan niya sa noo ang asawa at umalis na, hawak hawak ang kanyang suitcase. leaving his wife in the laundry room. Khiona missed those times na sa labi pa siya hinahalikan ni James, she missed everything about her husband. sinalpak na niya lahat ng mga damit sa washing machine, she set the laundry and walked out of the room.

she looked outside the beautiful city infront of her, yes, they are living in luxury, a good expensive luxury apartment up the hill. napatingin ang dalaga sa malaking salamin sa kanilang kwarto, she glanced at herself, examined every part of her body.

only if she was thinner, maybe her husband wouldn't be out there cheating. pinagmasdan ni Khiona ang kanyang sarili. maybe if she dyed her hair she might have expressed herself more, maybe if she didn't fell in love she would stay being herself. not changing herself for the man she loves.

''i need to start working out.''ani ng dalaga sa kanyang sarili, but deep down she loves her body. she's doing this for him, not for her. kahit pang mahal na mahal niya ang kanyang sarili, she's almost in love with every piece of herself, kung hindi naman iyon gusto ng asawa niya, what's the point of loving yourself if your husband doesn't want you the way you are?

you're a desperate house wife, of course you'll change for him. nagpunta si Khione sa kanyang walk in closet, she looked at the shoe boxes laying on the floor, one of them isn't shoes, it's memories.

kinuha niya ang printed photos mula sa kahon at tinignan ang sarili. dark eyeshadows, dyed hair, dark red lips, and punk outfit, that's what Khione used to wear. ngayon she's wearing a plain basic dress, light makeup, and she can't even express herself.