𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

The gift of existence
Should be enough to fill me up
But there isn't a substance
That could fill my empty cup

TW: mention of sexual assault

2 YEARS LATER

"You and Roy are way too loud," Aitana chants, dropping the stack of papers on the table which lands with a quiet thud. "I could literally hear y'all from downstairs."

I feel my cheeks turning pink immediately and I flinch in my seat. I was never ashamed of my sex life, but things with Roy have barely just started and it's the first relationship I've been in ever since Alex.

Roy's a really good guy, he owns this expensive-ass company on computers that he inherited from his father and he's actually really romantic. It still feels foreign meeting someone who isn't like me, but I left that life when Alex died two years ago and I'm not planning on going back to it.

So many things happened that night, very bad things.

"Yeah, well, I'm finally able to walk. Gotta enjoy the fuck out of it." I chuckle.

"Oh, yeah, about that," Aitana points me out with her finger, helping me stand up. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired." I shrug. "My body hurts like shit, I ran out of painkillers."

She gives me a once over with her eyes before her gaze lands on the crutches next to me. I know how insecured she is about this, she probably thinks it's a sensitive topic but the truth is that I really don't give a shit about my legs.

After they shot Alex that night, I couldn't think straight anymore. I ran towards him and that didn't go well; I got shot in my right iliac, leading me to a year and a half of rehabilitation because I couldn't walk.

I still can't, at least not how I used to. That's why I have crutches, but that's way better than walking around in a fucking wheelchair. The doctors say I'll be able to walk correctly again, just not yet. Maybe in a couple more months.

I wouldn't have been able to save Alex anyway because they shot him straight in his forehead, which means I could've saved myself all of this pain, but I actually did care about him and I couldn't act fucking cold-hearted.

But well, his death really fucked me up. He was everything I had and after he left, I felt like nothing, like a void. I felt so fucking numb.

We all decided that this had gone too far and we parted ways. I decided to quit this bullshit and live a normal life, but I can't say the same about Harry and Natalie. I'm still in contact with them, by the way.

They only call me once a month through a burner phone and they never tell me where they're staying in case the call gets intercepted, but I know they're moving around. Last time we met, they told me they were staying somewhere in Palawan.