𝟰𝟵 - 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲 | 𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗽

When you're near me
Honey, when you kill the lights
And kiss my eyes
I feel like a person for a moment of my life

I had been staring at absolutely nothing for the past minutes, with my hands folded against my chest and all of the bedsheets tangled beneath me

I had been staring at absolutely nothing for the past minutes, with my hands folded against my chest and all of the bedsheets tangled beneath me. I don't even know what was going on in my mind, but I was really stuck in there and I couldn't seem to escape.

God, I hated being in my mind, especially in moments like this. Everything there led me back to Zayn and I don't even know how I stopped crying eventually, but I guess the tears just wouldn't come out again.

I missed him so much and I hated that he died knowing I wouldn't come back home. I owed him an unhealthy amount of things... the most vivid memory replaying in my mind like a broken record was that one night that he wrote me a song. Fuck, I could even remember the lyrics.

I'd definitely kill Louis after this, this was all his fault. I know that if it wasn't for him, I would've never met Harry, but Zayn died... fuck, he died because of me.

It was weird thinking about it. Zayn had always been such a charismatic person with an amazing personality, and now he was... dead. It was so hard wrapping my head around it and I didn't want to, I just wished this was all just a very bad nightmare.

Zayn wouldn't wake me up this time, that was the problem.

I almost had a breakdown while I watched that movie with Alex last night, it used to be the one we watched together every New Year's and now it was just a random cartoon for children.

I could even remember his scent... I still had his hoodie with me and I had no idea if I'd ever be able to wear it again, it was just a reminder of everything that happened and how it was all my fault.

It was around eleven p.m. now and we were supposed to leave to Mar del Plata in an hour. I was alone in the room, Harry went downstairs about an hour ago to help Alex encrypt all of our phones and laptops and I was waiting for him to finish so we could get the hell out of here.

Our bags were already piled up in a corner. Alex and Alissa would travel in their car and Harry and I in one Louis kept in the garage. I was really fucking hoping we didn't catch much traffic, I wanted to leave Argentina as soon as possible because too many things happened here.

The next destination was a masquerade in New York, which meant dressing up all fancy again. I guess Alex and Alissa were coming with us this time, mostly so we could have some backup and clearly no one would expect us to team up.

I had made a very big decision earlier, which I commented with Harry. He gave me a lecture about how risky it would be, but he ended up agreeing because, to be honest, it was a very good idea.

I wanted to keep this diamond for ourselves.

Louis didn't deserve it, he didn't fucking deserve all of our hard work and loss only so he could earn more money than he already had. And he'd be dead by the time he realized we had played him.