𝟯𝟲 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗱𝗼𝗺

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home

Natalie came to bed at some point between four and five in the morning and she probably thought I was deep asleep, but the empty side next to me was messing with my sleeping schedule to great extents

Nat and I had been sleeping together, only sleeping, for a week now, and it had become kind of an unbreakable habit. I had gotten used to sharing a king-sized bed with her, so the sudden absence of her caught me off guard.

I knew she'd come back eventually, or else I'd go looking for her. I could hear voices coming from downstairs, so I assumed that was her. She was talking to Alex, I think, and I couldn't quite discern what they were saying, but I heard my name at some point.

When I felt the left side of the bed deepen under Natalie's weight, I laid completely still. I knew I'd be able to sleep now that she was with me, I was tired and my eyes were literally closing on their own.

"Awake?" She said.

"No." I kept my back to her, hearing her let out a cute little giggle in response.

I felt her scooting closer to me till her chest was pressed against mine. I held my breath for some reason, feeling her cling onto me for dear life. She nuzzled her nose into the crook of my neck and her sweet scent immediately invaded my nostrils.

Today, her fragrance was coated by the weak smell of smoke, so I assumed she'd been smoking again. Maybe she was a bit high, which wasn't exactly a good thing because she probably wasn't tired.

"You smell of lavender," She inhaled deeply.

"Consequences of using your shampoo." I quipped.

Natalie laughed into my skin, making the sweet vibrations of her voice reverberate all along my body. The sound of her giggles made an unexpected wave of euphoria havoc through my veins, so I smiled.

"Are you cuddling me?" I asked after some seconds of silence, feeling as her muscles tensed behind me.

"No." She drawled out hesitantly, so I laughed. "Shut up."

"You're too cute." I whispered, unable to hide the wide smile creeping up my lips once more.

"I am not!" She quickly propped her elbow on the mattress and looked down at me as I glanced at her over my shoulder.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, darling." I rolled my eyes playfully, laying on my back so I could have a better look at her face.

Her dark hair was messy and her eyes looked very dark under the dim lightning of her nightlight. Her bangs had already grown a bit, falling on her eyes in the hottest way. She was only wearing a very cute strawberry-patterned sleeping short and my shirt, which she deliberately stole while I showered.