Chapter 20

Charlotte hadn't been so close to London in years. She was living in Chelmsford with Mr Ridley, obviously still as her maid, but he was still very generous to her. 

Every now and then during the day, he'd quiz her, asking a random question. She'd normally answer it in a heartbeat, but there were times when she'd have to think about the answer; do the math in her head.

Charlotte was allowed out at the weekends to hang out with Timothy, who surprisingly lived down the road from her and Mr Ridley.

As the weather grew colder and the Christmas season approached, Charlotte had never felt so at home. She had a man who she saw as a father figure, a wonderful best friend who had feelings for her, and she didn't have to do much work.

She didn't feel like a servant anymore. She felt like a normal 12 year old girl, living in London in 1913.

///

Charlotte opened her bedroom window, climbed down the tree and into the garden.

It was Christmas Eve. Snow was covering the roads and houses in a lovely white carpet that crunched with every step. Christmas carols were being sung inside the church nearby. Charlotte actually stopped for a moment to listen to the wonderful carolers.

As soon as the carol ended, Charlotte continued her journey through the snowy town. She reached the place she was trying to get to; Timothy's home. 

He was sitting in the tree in his front garden, on a very large branch. Charlotte climbed up and sat down next to him, the pair listening to the Christmas carols continue. Charlotte sleepily lay her head on Timothy's shoulder, who didn't seem to mind. 

The pair had gotten closer than ever since their experiences with The Doctor and Martha. They missed them a little, but both of them held onto the hope that one day, they may see the strange duo again. 

The church then began to ring its bell. It rung twelve times. 

It was midnight. It was Christmas Day. 

Charlotte sat up straight and faced Timothy, who seemed to be pondering something. But Charlotte knew what he was planning to do. She leaned in and locked her lips with his. It only lasted a few seconds, but it felt wonderful for both of them.

"Merry Christmas, Charlotte Sullivan" Timothy smiled.

"Merry Christmas to you as well, Timothy Latimer" Charlotte giggled a little.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Short chapter! I'm sorry!

But they did it! We can all celebrate! I'll bring the snacks and balloons!