Chapter 52: Falling Through The Cracks

(ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴅɪsᴛᴜʀʙɪɴɢ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs • ᴠᴜʟɢᴀʀ ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ • ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ • ᴄʀᴇᴇᴘʏ • ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇ • sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ/ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs • ᴛᴏʀᴛᴜʀᴇ • ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴛᴏʀᴛᴜʀᴇ • ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ • ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ • ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ • 𝟷𝟾+)

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Temari's P.O.V

A loud groan of frustration shot out of my lips, my eyes revealing great annoyance.

Ino and Sakura stared gravely back at me as they sat comfortably on the floor in Mr. Hyuga's guest room. Which, is a room that the three of us have been staying in.

Ever since Hinata came back to us, we have sacrificed school, our old lives, everything, to stay here in the comfort of her home. And not just to protect and watch over her but to be there for her through these tough times.

School doesn't matter at all. Not when it comes to our situation.

So we have remained at Hinata's home. Day in and day out.

But..

Ever since that demon came back to our home and abducted Hinata, we have been lying around, depressed. And to make matters worse, we still haven't heard anything from the demon hunters.

Everything's gone so quiet…

Hinata rarely even talks to us anymore. She calls occasionally and when she does it seems she's even more unrecognizable than the last phone call. She seems so lost.

She may really have departed from us.

But I, have vowed to not give up on Hinata. To always fight for her benefit. No matter if it kills me.

She's my best friend, after all.

I would do anything for her.

Well…

I gave my eyes a roll as I held my personal phone up to my ear, a womanly voice heard from the other line using a tone that truly upset me.

🌟 Mother- Temari, darling. Why haven't you told me about dear Hinata's situation? Your Father and I were so worried sick when you stopped coming home. Not to mention your brothers are going crazy. They've grown anxious. We all thought something bad happened to you.

My Mother was on the other line in total distraught. She talked nonstop about how worried she was feeling at the moment. I started to feel extremely bad at that, guilty. A frown was held on my lips, my free hand gripping the end of my shorts tightly.

🌻Me- I'm sorry to worry you, mom. A lot has been going on as of late that's kept me from home. You… wouldn't understand. But I'll, tell you everything later. Promise. Just for now, trust me that Hinata and her family, along with myself, will be okay.