Sports festival pt. 3 - Shoto vs. Deku

The first round just ended with an amazing fight between Kacchan and Uraraka-chan. Well of course Kacchan won and he's a lot stronger than her, but her plan was good. She used herself as bait so Kacchan had broken the floor of the "Arena". She made the rubble float and let it crash on Kacchan. A normal person would have only 2 options, get rid of the falling rubble, but getting touched by Uraraka or blast Uraraka away and get crushed under the rubble.

But of course Kacchan is no ordinary person. He made such a huge explosion that Uraraka got blown away by the air pressure. Sadly she used to much stemina and couldn't stand up after, so Kacchan won. After the fight Cementos had to repair the 'arena'.

Now he's finished and it's time for my fight against Todoroki-kun. This time I won't get out without using my quirk. We stand now across from each other, waiting for the signal.

"Don't hold back just because we're friends." He says.

"I won't." Yamada gives the signal and just like in his fight with sero he starts with ice and sends it in my direction. I use ofa in my finger and crush his ice with the air pressure I make, by flicking my finger.

We go on like this for a while. He send some ice and I break it with a flick of my fingers.

"You can't keep on like that. You used almost all your fingers." He's right I already used 8 of my fingers, but that won't stop me, so at his next attack I use one finger a second time.

"You can't win this fight like this Todoroki-kun. You should use all your powers. Everyone here gives his best and uses everything they got. It's not fair to them to try and win with only half your power!!! This quirk isn't your fathers quirk! IT'S YOURS!!!! IT'S YOUR QUIRK TODOROKI-KUN!!!!"

Suddenly he finally uses his fire and I just can't help it, but smile.

"Why are you smiling?! You can't win anymore, you should just have stayed silent!!!"

I hear Endeavour somewhere yell "SHOTOOOOO!!! Finally you stop your childish behaviour."

It seems like this will be the last collide of our powers, so I use ofa in my whole right arm and Todoroki-kun heats up his left side. We both take a swing and push our quirks forward. I can see cementos pulled some walls up between us, but it's no use. They crash at the huge impact of Todoroki-kuns flames and my punch. It's like a big explosion when our quirks collide and then everything is black.

I wake up in a bed and everything hurts. I look around and I'm in the nurse office.

"Young Izuku you're awake." All Might sits next to my bed in his skinny form. Suddenly I remember what he told me right before the sports festival started. 'Show them that you're here. Tell them I am here.'  I start to tear up a bit. I somehow know I lost against Todoroki-kun, but I had to help him.

"I'm sorry All Might. I know I should have shown them that 'I am here' but I just had to help Todoroki-kun."

"Don't worry so much about it. Maybe it was a bit early. Also minding other peoples buissness is also an ability of a hero." He smiles at me and it's such an honest smile. It lets me ease a bit.

Suddenly the door burst open. "Gosh your awake. You had us worried, Nerd." Kacchan, Uraraka, Iida and Todoroki walk into the room. Oh shit All Might is here and not in his muscle form, they don't know of this.

"Oh nice to meet you sir" Uraraka says to him. They don't really seem to care.

"Ok enough noise. You see he's fine, so leave now. His arm is pretty damaged and he needs surgery." Reocery girl says and kicks them all out.

"I'll leave too. We can talk another time Izuku. Get well and watch the sports festival." All Might says and leaves.

Recovery girl sets everything up and prepares me for the surgery.

After the surgery my right arm is in a cast and I walk back to my classmates. I sit next to Kacchan and we see Kirishima and Tetsutetsu arm wrestling. It's how they settle who is gonna fight Kacchan, since they had a draw.

"You still look pretty bad." Kacchan says.

"Haha yeah sorry. I was a bit reckless down there."

"Yes you were but it seems like you helped half 'n half a bit. But you need to learn how to use your quirk without breaking every bone in your body."

"Yeah I know." I sadly look down. I know I need to learn that, but I just don't know how. I hope I learn it soon, well on the other hand I probably will never be able to handle ofa. After all I'm a good for nothing.

I watch the rest of the fights and it ends with Kacchan winning. He's not very pleased by his victory because his last fight was against Todoroki-kun and he refused to use his fire against Kacchan. Well maybe I didn't get through him, so he would use everything.

All Might hands them their medals and the sports festival is over. Everyone starts to go home. I go and change out of my gym clothes and into my casual clothes.

"Hey Izuku, Aizawa told me he wants to meet at the car as soon as we finished." Hitoshi comes over. We're the only ones in here right now.

"Ah sorry, do you think it's ok if I hang out with my friends." I smile to convince him it's true. I'm a bad liar, but this mostly works out.

"Sure I tell them. You should be home at 10 pm least. Otherwise they go crazy, believe me." I nod and he leaves.

I take my backpack, in which I packed everything I need and go out. They probably are worried about me, but I just bother them. I get out of the stadium and walk around the city. In the end I'm in an alleyway, like before I told Aizawa-Sensei everything. I lay down and soon fall asleep. I should skip school for a couple of days. Aizawa is my teacher after all and I really don't have any strengh to deal with him.