Chapter 18. The Wolf God

Tara could not believe that Kane was using that mind control thing on her she hated so much. The man literally had her on lockdown. She could not even reach out side before some invisible wall stopped her in mid-air. She huffed and flung herself on the couch in the living room. She suppose she deserved it this time, because of her poor judgment, a lot of people had gotten killed. She began to get depressed as her thoughts turned to last night. She was so deep into her own thoughts she didn't see Kendrick walk into the house followed by a handsome older man.

"Tara," Kendrick spoke her name causing her to jump and look at him. She stared at him with a hopeful expression that made his heart tighten. She wanted his forgiveness, she had already been forgiven. "I brought a visitor for you."

Tara gasped out loud when she saw her father. She remembered her father from Kane's memories when her wolf had awakened. She had asked about him a few times and Kane had told her she needed time to adjust to her new life before she saw him. She hadn't pushed the subject because she had been very nervous about meeting him. Now here he was at the worst time possible. She had wanted everything to be perfect, not for him to see her like this with her swollen bruised face and body.

She lowered her head until her hair fell in front of her face. "I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting to see you this way," she said softly.

Kendrick walked over put his finger under her chin lifting her head. "Now, Tara why would you want to hide from your father? He loves you no matter how you look."

"Tara, my daughter, I've been waiting forever to see you again," Nodin said hoarsely. "Please don't hide from me."

Tara looked up shyly. She was a grown woman, but felt like a child meeting her real father for the first time. Nodin walked to her and pulled her into his arms, hugging her tightly. Tara thought her father would be frail at his age, but he was taller than her and stronger it seemed. She returned his hug and timidly laid her head on his shoulder. Nodin stroked her long hair and kissed her forehead. "My daughter," he said as if he couldn't believe he was holding her.

Kane walked in quietly to witness the heart touching scene beside Kendrick. He smiled. "You did good," he told Kendrick. He could feel her emotions. She was happy, but not sure what to do.

"Reunite with your father, my life. Kendrick and I will be outside." Kane spoke in her head.

Tara watched him walk out the door with Kendrick. For the first time she was alone with her father. She looked up at him in curiosity noticing how handsome he was for an old man. "I never thought I'd meet you..."

"And I never thought I'd see you again, Tara." Nodin smiled at her and sat down on the couch beside her.

"I read Kane's mind the day my wolf was awakened. I know what you did for me. You sacrificed so much to keep me alive. I feel so small compared to you."

"Tara, you are my only child, I love you very much. I did what any father would have."

Tara shook her head. "No, most fathers wouldn't have done a thing from what I've seen growing up. I am blessed to have a father like you."

"And here I thought, you would be angry at me for not staying to raise you," Nodin said with relief.

"You did what you had to do to keep me safe," Tara told him.

"Kendrick told me you had a hard life growing up. For this, I'm sorry. It almost killed me to leave you. I think I did die inside after losing your mother and then you."

"My mother," Tara said. "I wish I knew what she looked like."

"I thought you might," Nodin reached into his pocket and pulled out an old photo. He handed it to Tara.