Chapter 10. A Date With A Wolf

Tara was in the shower when Kane returned fully dressed and for once well groomed. He wore jeans, a black t-shirt and sneakers. His hair was left lose and flowing down his back like strands of fire. Even though he had the personality of a human now, it hadn't affected his sharp senses. The scent of her moist body drew him towards the glass shower like a moth to bright light. He stood there staring at her profile through the misty glass door, enraptured by glimpses of her golden skin and curvy body.

Kane didn't like his new personality. Everything had been toned down to where he felt as if he was not himself anymore. Tara looked unbelievably sexy in the shower, the wolf in him wouldn't have hesitated to pull back the glass door and join her. He wanted take her in his arms and feel her naked body against his, but as a human...he could only stare at the beautiful woman before him until she turned off the water, slid the door back and screamed when she saw him.

"Kane!" Tara yelled at him and slammed the door shut. The glass rattled by the force threatening to break around her. "What are you doing?! And where did you come from? Did you come through the window again?"

"I didn't mean to alarm you," Kane apologized from behind the door.

"Will you please wait for me downstairs? Normal people knock on doors or ring doorbells and wait to be let in, not sneak through windows on the second floor of someone's house and spy on them in their shower."

"I'm sorry," Kane told her and left.

Tara waited a few minutes before she stepped out the shower. She quickly wrapped a towel around her. For someone as large as Kane, he never made a sound when he approached or left her. The realization that he'd seen her naked caused her to blush.

Kane paced around the living room impatiently. The image of her naked body wouldn't leave his head no matter how much he tried to get rid of it, before his nosey brother saw what he saw. Kendrick let out a low appreciative whistle in his mind. "Sorry bro, but you can't hide something like that from me. Damn...she's beyond beautiful isn't she?"

"Kendrick, I would not like to start off my date with me hunting you down and killing you. Do you not have anything better to do with your life?"

"As much as you're trying to deny it, Kane, Tara is my life as well as yours. I can no longer stay away from her even if I tried, my instincts will automatically bring me back to her. This strange need to constantly check on her every 15 minutes borders on obsession and yet it is the only thing that calms me. She is a like a drug, an addiction."

"You started part of the binding and now you're feeling the effects," Kane told him.

"And you've made yourself human big brother which has caused you to lose some of your animalistic nature towards her. Will she be safe with you now that you don't feel the urge to protect her at all times?"

"What are you saying little brother?" Kane asked threateningly.

"I am saying I can feel the humanity in you and it is rather laid back concerning our life mate. I don't like it. The intense urge that I feel for her is not in you anymore."

Kane was shocked by his brother's words. "I cannot tell..."

"Of course you cannot tell because you're human!"

A worried frown appeared on Kane's handsome face. Had he made a mistake?

"Don't worry, I will keep a close eye on you two," Kendrick assured him.

There was a knock on the door. Kane sensed his brother was on the other side. He opened the door and Kendrick handed him a huge bouquets of red roses. Kane gave him a strange look.