Chapter 16. A Wolf's Fury

Tara couldn't believe what she was doing. She was having the time of her life. Instead of taking the SUV she had decided to test out her new skills. Since she was dressed in black, she doubt anyone would see her running across the golden gate bridge on the rails. She supposed she was being slightly reckless, if she made a mistake and tripped, she would end up plunging in the water, but this felt too good to stop. Besides, she had no doubt the moon was giving her plenty of energy to be crazy. It was after all, a full moon tonight. She stretched out her arms and pretended she was flying. The wind felt cool and refreshing against her skin. It flew through her long dark hair as she raced along the edges of the bridge. The night was clear and the sky filled with stars. The full moon was gigantic and glowed brightly in the background.

Kane continued to sleep deeply in his bed. He was having the most alluring dream of Tara racing along the Golden Gate Bridge looking like a beautiful dark angel in the night. Kendrick was having the same dream. He moved in restlessly in his bed, he couldn't quite place the feeling of alarm he was getting from this dream.

Tara stared at the cityscape in front of her. When she was living on her own, she had rarely ventured into the city at night because she didn't have a car, now she was glad she did. The buildings had been transformed into a magical scene of bright lights. It was beautiful. The streets were still crowded, but this time with people who were club hopping and coming out to play rather than work. There were limousines everywhere and people dressed up looking like models. So this was San Francisco's night scene, what had she been missing out on? In the daytime she had been too busy rushing to and from work to actually enjoy the city. Well tonight she was going to make sure, she did.

The address Rhonda had given her was located in the lower Mission District. A place she rarely ventured into because of its bad reputation, she thought it was strange to throw a ball there, but since she knew she was stronger than ever, she wasn't afraid anything would happen.

It didn't take her long to reach the neighborhood; she was surprised to see it was a street party. There was a sign that said "Welcome to the Exotic, Erotic Ball!" She blinked and looked around. There were people dressed in costumes, but very revealing costumes. A playboy bunny ran passed her giggling. A she- devil wearing nothing but a red swimsuit, red vein nylon stockings, and tall red leather high heel boots sauntered passed her carrying a red whip which she used to strike Tara's buttocks. Tara jumped and growled at her. She growled back and winked.

Tara wandered through the crowd watching everyone in amazement. She didn't feel too badly with the way she was dressed. This was not the ball she had been expecting; it was more like an orgy. People were making out; feeling each other up, one couple was actually having sex in front of everyone. She could smell the different sexual aromas in the air which was beginning to turn her stomach. Besides, there were too many guys watching her closely and some even choosing to follow her. One let out a low whistle of appreciation. Okay, perhaps it was not a good idea to come here, she thought and turned around to leave.

Kane moved in his bed restlessly. His beautiful dream of Tara was beginning to turn into a dark one.

"Tara! Girl is that you over there?" It was Rhonda's voice.

She turned around shocked at what she saw. Rhonda was dressed in a dominatrix costume.

"Welcome to the ball, hon!" She posed in her outfit. "What do you think?"

"It's so you..." Tara said trying not to laugh.

"I thought so," Rhonda said proudly. "And what type of costume are you wearing?" She looked at her in confusion.

"I'm a robber on the prowl?" Tara said with a grin.

"Oh I see," Rhonda.

Three white guys came up behind Rhonda.