the next thirty minutes, you four just chilled on the balcony chatting with one another. well, it was more of armin talking to you about his great studies of the ocean, as he had been working into becoming a marine biologist.

eren listened and watched you both closely, and mikasa stood guard beside of eren, making sure he wouldn't leave her sight like last time.

"during the weekend, my father and i will be leaving on a boat and travel to the bermuda triangle," armin told you, which left you in quite shock. "b—but don't worry, some professional drivers and marine biologist will be with us," he added on with a stammer.

armin continued to tell you stories about the time he went out to the ocean, diving into the water and swimming with dolphins. he even mentioned watching a mother whale try to save it's baby, but it had already been too late.

next, armin showed you a beautiful seashell that he had found when he was swimming around the coral reef. it was quite large, the weight of seashell impacted against the palm of your hands and you began to examine the shell.

"it's the largest conch shell i have found throughout my travels," armin began, stepping closer to you to explain about the seashell. eren suddenly became irritated, though he didn't show it, he just continued to watch you both. "my father has two others back at his lab! i believe he has them in the color of blue."

"wow, it's magnificent," you acknowledged the shell with a wide grin on your lips. you began run your fingers along on the shell, feeling the exquisite details.

eren cleared his throat, catching the attention of both you and armin.

"anyways! should we head back inside now? it's getting quite chilly out here and i don't want to stand here listening to you two just talk," eren admitted, trying to not sound as awkward but you both agreed and all began to walk inside of the building.

just then, you spotted jean, connie and sasha. they were standing in the corner of the whole entire room, probably searching for you and you realized that jean had messaged and called you a few times but you never answered.

"i'll catch up with you guys in a bit," you said, turning to the three as you reached down the final steps of the stairs and then strolled towards jean and the other two.

eren, mikasa and armin watched you leave before making their way into another area.

eren sighed, his eyes still glued onto you as you had begun talking to jean. he was nicely scolding you for disappearing for a while and making him feel fretful when you didn't answer his messages or calls.

armin and mikasa seemed to notice eren's actions, glancing at one another, they both smirked.

"you should go and get her number," armin spoke, gently nudging eren with his elbow and eren slightly jumped, looking towards armin with a timorous expression.

"what— no," eren muttered, his cheeks quickly turning pink. "i— can never do that!"

"come on eren, you're not going to miss this huge chance, are you?" mikasa questioned, placing a hand on eren's shoulder. "she may be engaged, but that shouldn't stop you from getting her number and continue to talk with her."

"yeah, i'm sure reiner wouldn't care anyway," armin added in, his eyes wandering around the room and spotted reiner still chatting with historia. armin sent reiner a fierce glare, even though he wasn't going to see it. "he's way too busy with that chick he's talking to over there."