𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Later that day, I got dressed and walked down the hallway to where the letter said to go. Following the instructions until it led me to a part of school I had never been to before. It looked like the same hallway the first years stayed in, but it was abandoned. Completely empty with cobwebs and dust everywhere.

And at the end of the hall was a door waiting for me. Pushing open the wooden door to see a set of stairs leading to another door.

Pausing in my movement, I saw him die. His lifeless body was in my arms, so how could he be alive, nothing made sense, but how could I ignore the fact that my mark was back on my neck. Gojo wouldn't dare pull a prank like this; he knew the feeling of a soulmate dying. I took my first step down the stairs as my heart began to increase.

Finally, I reached the bottom of the staircase and knocked at the door. I could hear light chatter before the door opened, and there standing very much alive, was Yuji. My soulmate.

My body froze as my eyes were focused on him. He looked at me in surprise before that bright smile appeared, making my insides feel warm and bubbly. "Hey", he said as tears welled up in my eyes. I wiped my eyes before pinching him, "is that all you have to say?" I asked him, annoyed as I began to feel angry.

"Why are you alive?" I questioned him and Gojo. "Did you not miss me?" Yuji pouted at me, and before I could say anything, Gojo spoke, "you should have seen he-" he couldn't finish as I threw my shoe at him. I finally noticed Yuji wearing a black and white suit, "also, why are you wearing that?" I questioned him as he pointed to our teacher.

It was like everything in the universe was right again. We fitted in together entirely like puzzle pieces. We sat down on the sofa as they explained to me how this was possible before Gojo stood up and smirked at us. "Now go and enjoy your date" just as I was about to open my mouth, he pushed us towards the table and sat us down. There was a pizza in the middle with some drinks on the side, "don't regret anything (Y/N)."

Rolling my eyes as he left the room, leaving the two of us alone. "Um, sorry, you can go if you want. I don't want to force you," Yuji said as he stood up. "No, I'll stay", I spoke while turning my head away from him; I could already feel the heat rushing towards my face. He sat back down as we began eating the food in silence; my eyes never left him. I was scared he would disappear.

"(Y/N) I'm not going anywhere" he stretched his arm out to grab my hand, he squeezed my hand. "Yuji, you won't understand how I felt. Your dead body was in my arm" I paused as the memories of that day came back to me. Tears threatened to fall, but I tried to hold them back. "I didn't know what I was going to do; my life was falling apart. First with you and the-" I stopped myself as I wiped the escaped tears.

Yuji stood up from his chair and walked around to me, "you don't have to hold it in; I'm going to be here for you." And I did let it go after the first tear was released more and more fell. I felt safe around him like I could show any side of me to him. He pulled me into a tight embrace, "I like you, (Y/N). Even if you weren't my soulmate, my feelings for you wouldn't have changed." He whispered into my ear as more and more tears fell. My arms wrapped around him loosely as I cried into his shoulder, "I missed you so much."

We stayed there for a few more minutes until I calmed down, "let's watch one of the movies Gojo's making me watch." Nodding my head as I took his outstretched hand before he led me to the sofa. I sat down on the edge of the couch while he played the movie, "this is my favourite movie," I mumbled as he came over and sat beside me with a smile.

He didn't sit close that our bodies were touching but just enough that I could feel his body heat. I sat back, getting comfortable as the movie began to start. My eyes drifted to where his hand sat between us, gaining the courage as I slowly moved my hand till it was gently on top of his.

"I like you", I whispered quietly, I wasn't usually a shy person, but whenever he was around, I got so nervous. I said it, it's not my fault if he didn't hear it; I flipped my hair over my shoulder. It felt like a huge weight was lifted from my chest. I thought he hadn't heard me, but when I glanced over at him, he had stars in his eyes.

"Do you really mean that?" he asked with hope in his eyes, nodding my head slowly as his face moved closer to mine. So close that I could feel his breath fan my face, his lips brushed mine softly and delicately like a butterfly wing. "Please, can you say it again? Otherwise, I'll think it was just my imagination."

I took a deep breath before staring into his beautiful eyes; I have to tell him to his face. There's no other way; I won't get another chance to tell him.

"I like you, Yuji."

His lips formed a smile before leaning in until our lips touched. This was my first kiss; it was strange. Our tongues danced around each other as his arms wrapped around me. Yuji pulled away with a massive smile on his face before pulling me into a hug.

"Everything will be fine now."