𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

I'm thinking of making a Gojo fanfic next. It's gonna be about Gojo and his soulmate that links to this story, kinda like a prequel. So comment if you think it'll be a good idea.

The whole of the train ride, I was silent. Gojo sat next to me, trying to get me to speak, but I wasn't in the mood. My back still aches from being thrown by that curse, but I sat there ignoring the pain.

I didn't speak to Yuji, and he didn't try to talk to me; this was for the best but then why did it hurt. I hate this feeling, every time I would glance over at him, he would turn away. I felt guilty, but it's best to leave it be. This is what I wanted, after all. But now that he's ignoring me, I didn't like it. I wanted to see him smile.

Forming fists as my nails dug into the palm of my hands, one minute I was against soulmates and the next minute, I wanted to see him smile. I thought I had sorted everything out, but it just keeps getting worse.

All four of us got off the train at Harajuku Station; I kept my distance from Yuji and instead stayed by Gojo's side. Every so often as we walked, my eyes would somehow find their way to Yuji as his eyes lit up with everything around him. He looked like an excited little kid. It was kinda cute.

"What happened to you and Mr loverboy?" Gojo leaned in closer to me, talking quietly to not let Yuji hear. Shaking my head as we stopped so Yuji could buy some snacks, "I just said somethings." His eyes began sparkling, "did you tell him that you were his-" Gojo started speaking loudly, but I covered his mouth, "not that. I was just a bit rude, and anyways it's none of your business." I poked him in the chest before Yuji came out with one hand with a drink and the other with some type of food.

Gojo didn't say anything as we began walking, looking for the new student. When finally we spotted her arguing with some guy, "that's kinda embarrassing" Yuji spoke with 2018 glasses on, causing an irritating look from Megumi. Rolling my eyes before the girl walked over to us, "I'm Kugisaki Nobara." She introduced herself before we introduced ourselves, and I could tell she was unimpressed with us.

"I've finally gathered my four students. And on top of that, two of them are from the countryside." Gojo spoke as I could already imagine what was going to happen, "of course, we'd go sightseeing in Tokyo." He said, causing sparkles coming out of Nobara and Yuji. Glancing at the two, I could see they had a lot in common.

My hand gripped my neck where the mark was; him and I have nothing in common, so why would the universe think to put us together. Both of them smiled at each other with excitement in their eyes. He would be more suited to her than me.

Gojo led the way in front of the two excited kids while Megumi walked beside me. "You did it to yourself", Megumi spoke as we walked a little behind the duo, "I know," I mumbled as my eyes watched him bounce around in happiness; it's nice to see him back to that.

"Megumi, what would you do if you nearly had your dreams in your hands, but something was standing in the way," he thought about it for a minute before opening his mouth. "Depends on what was standing in my way", he spoke as we turned a corner following our teacher. "If it was your soulmate," I said with my eyes still on Yuji. I didn't bother beating around the bush and instead just said it. Gojo stopped in front of a building crushing the dreams of the country folks, "I don't know." Megumi said as he walked closer to the group, leaving me behind.

Letting out a sigh, maybe I had some hope for some helpful advice but guess not. Walking closer to the group, Gojo explained that Nobara and Yuji would go in and fight the curses. Both me and Megumi had gotten injured, so he wanted us to stay outside.

Just as Yuji was about to walk in after taking the weapon from Gojo, our eyes met for the first time since we arrived here. It really was like I could finally breathe, but this time, he was the first to look away.

Another sigh escaped me as I sat down next to Gojo and Megumi; they began talking about the two inside as my mind wandered back to my conversation with mother.

The guard opened the door, and I stepped in to see a bare room with only a table and a chair. However, on the table sat a phone. Suddenly it began to ring, and I knew it was time to speak to her.

I sat down in the chair and answered the call, "hello, daughter," her voice was just as sharp as if she was here. My body tensed up as I sat more straight in the chair. "Hi", I greeted her with caution before she began interrogating me.

"How was your mission? Tell me every detail," taking a deep breath before giving a detail description of what happened on that day. However, I left out the part that I had found my soulmate. "Interesting, that boy must be something if he lived", I froze at her words.

"Kill him", she commanded me. I stood up from the chair, swiftly causing the chair to fall, "I can't do that." My heart was beating so fast as I stood up to my mother. "And why not?" she questioned with angry seeping through her voice. "Because Gojo, he will kill me if he finds out and-" I stuttered out before taking a pause calming down my beating heart.

"If I die, you'll have no more heirs. Our family will end with me." I spoke with confidence as I prayed this would work. Our family meant a lot to mother, not because of our bond but because of our power. For generations, our family has held power in this society, but that power would disappear if I were to die.

From the other side of the phone, I heard her take deep breaths. "Fine, I'll let that to the elders but remember our deal. (Y/N) I only allowed you this freedom away from me, so you spy on them. I'm warning you if you betray this family. I wouldn't waste a second before dragging you back to the basement where you live out the rest of your days, so watch yourself, daughter."

Mother ended the call after that, and I returned back to my room.

For my freedom here at the school, I had to become a spy for her, but I had a plan. However, it got ruined once I met Yuji. On that mission, I was supposed to run away from her; I made everything planned except for the fact that I would meet my soulmate.