𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

All three of us walked to the director's car; he opened the car door open, and Nobara entered first. She looked like she was in so much pain, much more than me. Once we got to the car, the pain I was receiving from Yuji disappeared, "Sukuna has taken over now." I mumbled as I stood up straight, glancing over my shoulder at the building.

"Lady (L/N), would you please get in the car?" the man spoke politely, but I knew he was getting impatient with me standing there. Shaking my head as I close the door, "I'm not going, I will stay here and wait till Yuji walks out of there." Turning to look at him as he began to shake, "take Nobara to the hospital now; I feel better now."

I began walking back when my wrist was suddenly grabbed by Megumi; he stared into my eyes. "Are you sure?" he questioned me. I nodded my head as he let go of my wrist. However, before I could advance towards the building, I was stopped by the man calling my name.

"(Y/N), you know your mother won't be happy", rolling my eyes at his statement. "Then don't tell her," Megumi stood beside me, ready to head back, "you know I can't do that." My mother knows when someone lies, it's like one of her powers or something. But if she found out you lied to her, all hell would run loose on you. "Fine, but I don't care, I'm staying here now hurry up and take her", I shouted with my back turned towards him.

Finally, I heard the car engine, and that's when we started walking. It was quiet between the two of us, and with each step we took, I grew more worried. My hands were getting sweaty, and I tried to wipe them away on my uniform. "Do you think he'll be fin-" before I could finish my sentence, both Megumi and I felt an expanded dormitory. Was that Sukuna?

We waited by the entrance for a few minutes when the expanded dormitory disappeared. The curse must have died by now.

"If it's about him, he's not coming back", a voice spoke from behind us. Immediately I turned around to see Sukuna in between us; I got in a fight stance. "Don't be so frightened. I'm in a good mood right now," Sukuna said with a smirk as his eyes landed on me. He licked his lips, and Megumi pushed me behind him. "Come on, let's talk a little" even though I couldn't see him, I could hear the smirk and amusement in his voice.

"So your his soulmate", Sukuna suddenly appeared in front of me and gripped my chin, making me look at him. Even though it was Yuji's body, I felt no warmth from his touch. "I guess you're okay to look at, but I bet you're better to f-" before he could finish, Megumi kicked the curse away from me. "Stay away from him (Y/N). You're injured," he was right, but you didn't want him to do all the work. "I can't let you fight alone against him",, I shouted at the boy as we were back to back, preparing for the King of curses to come out.

When he came back, he stood in front of us before sticking his hand in his chest and pulled out Yuji's heart. A gasp escaped me, "I can live without this, but that brat can't. Swapping with me would mean death." He smirked before eating another finger, "I'll kill you both for no particular reason."

My body was shaking; I knew Yuji would come back even if he dies. That's just the type of guy he is, and that scared me. He couldn't die. Megumi summoned an animal, but Sukuna had appeared next to him, ready to hit the black hair bot, but luckily for him, I was here.

Noticing his shadow on the floor, I took control of it and paused his movement. "Interesting a (L/N)", he paused, "but sadly for you, you're too weak to stop me." He smirked before moving again. Sukuna appeared behind me and kicked me in the side of my stomach. My body crashed into a tree and had lost all my strength as pain exploded around my body.

My version was getting blurry "(Y/N)!" I heard Megumi shout for me. "Don't worry about me, just focus on him", I spoke in between deep breaths. I needed to stay awake even though I wouldn't mind just closing my eyes and drifting away. But I couldn't; Megumi and Yuji both needed me. My blinks were getting slower as I tried to watch the fight, but then Megumi was suddenly thrown into the air.

That was my watch up call; he couldn't do it alone. I stood up with the help of the tree and began walking in the direction of Sukuna's presence.

Eventually, I made it to the place where I sensed him the most; however, once I arrived, Yuji's body was falling to the ground. "Yuji!" I screamed his name as tears threatened to fall, my legs ran through the pain. Our eyes met, and a small smile appeared on his face. Everything hurt, but my chest aches the most; I didn't know if it was because of his pain or my own.

Everything happened so slow, his body fell to the ground as it felt like I was in slow-mo running towards him. No, he's not dead, just unconscious. He couldn't be dead; I wouldn't allow it.

I didn't stop running until I had reached them; I dropped to my knees as I picked his body and placed it on my lap. He wasn't breathing. I froze as Megumi spoke, "I'm sorry." I didn't want to believe it, so I ignored him. My hands hovered over him, afraid to touch him; I didn't allow a single tear to fall.

My eyes widened as my hand desperately searched his neck, but it wasn't there. Then I touched the back of my neck, "look at my neck!" I shouted at the black-haired boy in desperation. He stood there, unable to move "check my neck!" I screamed once more at him; I needed to know.

It was like Megumi was brought back as he moved slowly behind me, where he brushed my hair to the side so he could get a glimpse. He didn't say anything. After a few more seconds, he still didn't say anything. "Tell me! Is my mark there?" I demanded as I looked over my shoulder at the boy. This would confirm it.

He stepped away from me; I could tell straight away. Pity was written all over his face. "No," that one word broke me. The tears were let loose as I held the dead body in my arms. My sobs grow louder and louder, this was the first time in years I had cried, and I couldn't stop.

I had so many regrets. If only I didn't reject the bond at the beginning, I could have spent more time with you. If I hadn't been so stubborn, I could have told you my true feelings.

"I'm so sorry", I cried out as I rested my head on his chest. A chest that would never raise again. My soulmate was gone from this world. Maybe before, I wouldn't care, but I had learnt to like him.