𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

The guilt is ice in my guts. It could be a hundred degrees out, and I'd still be frozen on the inside. I can't melt it on my own; I need Yuji's forgiveness. Then he'll be able to give me the warmth to melt the ice. I know what I need to do, but why was it so hard to apologise?

Just as we were about to enter the restaurant, I began panicking and grabbed ahold of Yuji's wrist. I could feel sparks from the skin to skin contact, and I knew he felt it too. They all looked at me as I could feel the heat hurried to my face, "I need to speak to him." Gojo smirked as he pushed his other students inside.

Letting go of Yuji once they were gone, I ignored the urge to grab his hand as I fidget with my fingers. I knew I had to say something but with his light brown eyes on me, I just became nervous. "(Y/N), what did you want to talk about?" I was glued to the floor; that was the first he had said my name since this morning. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy inside, fluttering all around.

I took a deep breath before speaking, "I'm sorry for how rude I was, I shouldn't have said that." Bowing my head, trying to avoid eye contact with the boy; however, it didn't go to plan as Yuji placed his hands on my shoulders, causing me to look up. Cursing myself as our eyes meet. His eyes were so beautiful, I could stare at them fo-

Stopping my thought but soon remembers the words from Megumi, if you reject the soulmate bond, then you'll die. Maybe I should just let things happen, but he knows I've seen his mark. What will he say when I finally tell him the truth? What if he starts to reject the bond?

My train of thoughts stops as Yuji's bright smile shone in my eyes, the corner of my mouth lifted up. "Hey, look, your smile is bigger this time", Yuji spoke happily with a little chuckle. He turned his back about to walk in, but I grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"Do you forgive me?" I asked him with urgency, and for some reason, the boy began laughing at me. "Of course I forgive you; I shouldn't have been nosy" he gave me another smile, but I could see a hint of sadness; I was about to ask him when he spoke up. "you could make it up to me; by buying me lunch?" I nodded my head as his eyes lit up with stars in them, "order whatever you want, I'll pay." I spoke as we walked into the restaurant before spotting our group and sitting at the table.

I sat next to Gojo while Yuji sat next to Nobara opposite of me; whenever I saw the two together, there was an ache in my chest. I didn't know what it was, but I definitely didn't like it.

"I'll pay for everyone's food, so order whatever you want" I let out a small smile as I spoke to everyone. I could see the happiness in all their eyes, including Gojo. "Well, if a (L/N) is paying, I guess I can go all out", Gojo spoke as he began ordering enough food to feed a school. Rolling my eyes, "you don't need that much sensei", I mumbled as I carefully picked out my meal; there were so many options that I didn't know what to pick.

"Can I have this, please?" I spoke politely as I pointed at the menu; my finger shook lightly, scared that mother would show up and demand something else. This wasn't my first time picking my own food; once I joined the school, Gojo took Megumi and me out to eat. I ordered way more than I could eat; I was like a little kid.

(Y/N) was about thirteen and was able to get dressed on her own, but her mother still picked everything for her.

One night, the whole (L/N) sat down for dinner. Her mother, her father, her grandfather and some other relatives. Everyone was picking their dishes; however, when the new waiter came over to (Y/N), "what would you like to eat, little miss?" Her eyes sparkled with excitement for the first time in a while, did her mother really give her permission to pick? There were so many choices, which should she-. Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice, "she'll have the soup." Her mother spoke up as the waiter nodded his head while (Y/N) sat there glaring at the woman.

"Glare all you want, but you will never be allowed to pick. Only I or your father can." Crossing her arms as she turned her attention to her father that she barely saw. He was a sorcerer and was always of on missions, "it's for your own good, and soon you'll thank us. All the things we have done will make you a great obedient sorcerer." Her father spoke with confidence, ever since they had discovered that she had the family's Jujutsu. They trained her with no breaks.

"I don't want to be a robot." That was the first time (Y/N) had spoken against their rule. She was older enough to figure out what she wanted in life, and this wasn't it, "don't say th-" mother's shout was stopped by her father. "What do you want to be then?" his voice was calm, and she was scared. She knew it was a trick. They never asked for her opinion, but yet she still answered.

"I want to travel the world."

Just saying her dream aloud caused her to let out a giggle before being thrown back on her chair and onto the ground. Her father had pushed her chair back. (Y/N) grew wide as she stared up at her family; they all looked down on her.

Her grandfather stood up from his chair and walked towards the small child, "listen here (Y/N), in this family, you only have two option. One becomes a housewife and produces children, or two become a sorcerer. Lucky for you, we choose for you to be a sorcerer." He glared at her as he stood above her little body, "so be grateful," he spoke before kicking the small child in the stomach. She spat out blood onto the floor as she could feel pain all over her body.

"Maids!" Her mother shouted as some ladies rushed into the room and picked me up. "Take her downstairs, where we will teach her what it means to be in this family."

"I don't want to be in this family!" The small girl yelled as she struggled against the maid's grip. Gasps were let out through the whole table, "it's my life, so it's my choice!"

The small child received a slap from her mother as she sent her away, "I gave birth to you; your life is mine."

Shaking my head at the memory, I need to stop thinking about that. "Woah, you're a (L/N)?" Nobara asked as I nodded my head, "that means you're rich!" She spoke with shock as again I nodded my head while Yuji sat there confused. "Who's (L/N)?" he asked, but before I could say anything, Gojo stepped in, "it's a very powerful and wealthy family that has been around in the sorcerer world for decades. It's also (Y/N) family."

Yuji's eyes widened as I felt disgusted being associated with that family, if only they knew what happened behind those doors. What they do to their children?

Nobara slammed her head on the table with a cry, "I should have ordered more food." I let out a small giggle before our food arrived, and we dug in.

It was the next day, and I was in bed asleep as today we wouldn't have any missions; it was a day off, and I was thankful. However, there was suddenly a knock on my door. I got out of bed and walked towards the door, half asleep in my pyjamas with my hair up.

When I opened the door, it was none other than Yuji. I let out a yawn as I scratched my head, "what are you doing here?" He gave me a small smile, "Gojo said the four of us have a mission without him today" I let out a groan as I turned my back away from him, and that was my worst mistake. I heard a small gasp. "(Y/N)" I heard him call my name, so I turned back around to see a shocked expression. His eyes widened as his muscles were rigid.

"Why do you have the same mark as me?"