eight <3

okay before we start, just a lil apology. im not so great with romance and i don't want to rush the whole relationship of the story, so im trying my best to make it slow while also keeping the flirting and all :') hopefully it isn't too bad haha

ALsO- by the time this chapters out, i plan to also have a new book out. im going to be making a book of headcanons/imagines for some characters, each with their own book. im not sure who yet, but if you'd like to find out go ahead and check it out if you want :) there will also be an updated book im going to use for when i post new stories, so if you'd like to read about other characters keep that one in mind too <3
★ ❤️ ★ ❤️ ★

"This is my first time doing this, so it feels a little weird."

He nodded, signaling it was probably his too, and closes his eyes.

"Yeah, mine too. No reason to be nervous though, sweetheart. If anything, I can protect you from other demons in your sleep!"

"Do demons even sleep? How do I know you won't do something weird, anyways.." You trailed off, giving him a concerned side glance.

"Hey! Just because I can flirt doesn't mean I'm a creep!" He shouted back, pointing a finger at you.

"Doubt that..." You shrugged. "But I'll give you a chance, I guess?"

"I knew you couldn't resist this wonderful opportunity! And, to answer your question, some of us do enjoy our beauty sleep."

You walked over to your closet, Childe following closely behind. He helped you grab an extra blanket and some pillows for himself. You'd offered your bed to him, like anyone would with a guest, but he would only take it if you'd sleep with him.

So instead, he would sleep on the floor with a huge blanket, and some pillows. It would be odd to sleep with someone on your first day of meeting, and he was a demon, no less.

'maybe one day-'

"You're thinking about it, aren't you? Letting me join you in bed."

"Definitely not!" Your face turned red from embarrassment.

You jokingly punched Childe in the arm a few times as he was still being flirty, and making fun of you.

"No need to harass me when you're the one thinking of odd things!" he joked.

"S-sleeping with someone is not odd! And I thought no farther than that, you idiot!"

"Says you, while stuttering. I think otherwise!considering how hot I am you've probably been daydreaming about me 24/7 since I've arrived!"

You closed your eyes and turned away, refusing to listen to this demons shenanigans any longer tonight.

Childe was trying to think of more ways to mess with you. He thought it was cute how flustered you could get, like you were now.

You set up his blanket on the floor, and then nearly put the pillows on top. He watched you, happily. A real person hadn't cared for him like this in a long time, especially not after finding out he was a demon.

You didn't care, thought, and it warmed his hear. You looked back up to see him grin at you.

"What weird thing are you thinking of now, huh?" You teased.

He chuckled at your attempt to get back at him, and sat next to you. You sat down fully, legs crossed. The two of you stared at each other for less then a moment before bursting into laughter.

It almost reminded you of your fun with Aether and Lumine. Maybe he could even join you guys, become the fourth member of your usual trio. As odd of a situation it was, you were excited for them to meet him.

After the two of you calmed down, you decided on playing a game of uno before going to bed. When you walked back into your room with the game in hand, you saw a smirking Childe.

'that's not good.' was your first thought, as you made an 'oh no' face.

He noticed you standing in the door way, worry in your eyes.

"No need to fear, sweetheart! I was just thinking that we could play this game for a prize!"

"And I'm assuming the prize would be a kiss from me?"

His smirk grew wider and he let out an intimidating chuckle. Meanwhile, you sat down, facepalmed, and sighed aggressively.

"Well, what's your prize for winning? IF you even can, that is!"

You thought about it for a minute, whilst he shuffled the cards. You'd been bored of being inside a lot for the last couple days, so why not go out together?

You noticed him once again smirking, probably assuming something about your 'prize'.

"Nothing like what you're probably thinking! If I win, you're coming out with me tomorrow, we can go shopping or whatever. Ya know, get to know each other like friends do!" You shrugged.

He had finished shuffling by then, and his smirk was replaced with a genuine smile.

"I like that one too." he laughed a little. "..But mine is still better, so let's get started!"

★ ★ ★

"UNO OUT!"

Two slams. One in excitement, slamming the last card down. A skip.

The other was in defeat.

"You. Cheated."

"Did not! Your fault for underestimating me over a kiss!"

"Liar, you definitely did! And that would've been a great kiss, you know!"

This went on for a couple minutes, because you had won, and he wouldn't have his kiss. He accused you of cheating. It was all a joke though, you weren't mad at each other.

"Whatever, I'm going to bed, goodnight!"

You stood up, and jumped on top of your bed. Childe turned the lights off, and laid down on the makeshift bed.

When he was sure you were asleep, after hearing your light snores, he turned to his side and watched your peaceful face.

'Cute.' he thought.

Demons don't really sleep, so he wasn't planning on trying to nearly as long as you would be, but he wanted to at least have a little rest.

After watching you for a few more moments, he closed his eyes for a short nap of his own.
★ ❤️ ★ ❤️ ★