Chapter 18

Shawn's P.O.V

"Hey, you seem happy." My sister said smiling at me when I walked in. And she was right, I was happy. Today was my first day back at work, and it felt so good. I missed everything about it.

"I am. I had a great day" I smiled widely.

"It wasn't awkward or anything?"

"Not at all, some students were worried and asked questions, but I told them I was okay and to prove it I started a new project with them and wore them out" I said with a laugh. By the end of the last class, some students were joking saying they didn't miss me all that much.

I sat down on the couch and took off my jacket while she just stood there watching me.

"I'm happy you had a good first day." she said smiling.

"Yeah, I am too."

"So. you have plans with Beyoncé later?"

"No" I answered before starting to take off my shoes "Not yet, why?"

"I was wondering if you could watch Camron for a little while"

"Sure. Where are you going?"

"Ihaveadate." she mumbled fast before disappearing into the kitchen.

"Waaaait a minute, you have what?" I asked standing up and walking after her.

"Shawn please, please don't make a big deal out of it" she begged.

"Out of what? My little sister going out with some dude from a place she doesn't even know? You're living here for like two, three months and now you're going out with someone. Do you know where you're going? Do y-"

"That's exactly what I just asked you not to do. It's just a date. It won't be my first time going on one. And during the month I had to look for you I went to so many places. I got to know the city a little. And also, I didn't see you acting like that when I got a new job here. I appreciate your concern, but I'm a big girl, I can take good care of myself. Now can you be a supportive big brother and be happy for me? This is my first date in a while. I'm so nervous"

I rubbed my face and exhaled slowly. I tried to take her words in and calm down, I swear I did, but that wasn't happening.

"Who is he? Where did you meet him?" I crossed my arms and waited for her to answer. I needed to know exactly who the hell she was going out with.

"Shaaaawn" she just whined annoyed.

"Baby girl, I don't even know this dude. What if he's crazy or something?"

"Fine. We met at the hospital. He's a really nice guy and if you promise to be nice, I'll introduce you to him before I leave."

"You met him at the hospital? Is he the reason why you went to the hospital every day?"

"No, you idiot, I went to the hospital to see your annoying face and I have no idea why." She said even more annoyed then walking away.

I know that most people will think that I'm overreacting, but my sister is the only family I have and to be honest she is not that good in picking out her boyfriends. One was worse than the other.