Abby vs Kira... AGAIN!

Classes, it all started with classes today. I haven't had classes for a while, so I was kinda excited for it, but the excitement went away pretty fast.

At least Abby now calls me by my first name, and not by Victoria or Ziegler, so we're definitely moving forward past the fight three weeks ago. 

There was another problem, Moms arguing with Abby again, so Gianna took over the class, and I'm still not that interested.

~~~

"So we are headed to Arizona." Abby tells us, "We are attending Xpressions Dance Competition, and, Kalani, your mother always wants you to do a solo. You're doing a solo. You have to be amazing. Melanie, you're also doing a solo. So, we are going to be doing this group dance, in which Melanie is not a part of--"

"Why?" Maddie asks and I nudge her arm.

"Why? Because I'm still thinking if I should let her come back to the team." Abby answers. "And her solo's a musical theater piece."

Oh.

"--I'm titling it, 'The Panic Room'. All right? Let's get busy!"

I go to the back and do a split as Abby explains the rest of the girls the number, meanwhile I just have to wait for my solo.

~~~

You could feel the awkwardness as I entered the studio to rehearse my solo, Abby looked uncomfortable, I looked uncomfortable, but Gianna looked like she was having the time of her life.

"The name of your solo is 'Corazón en La Maleta', it is a musical theater piece, and--" Abby sighs, "Let's just move past all of this drama between your Mom and I." 

I take the suitcase/prop and walk up to the center of the room. 

Something I did not notice is that the song's in spanish.

The song starts and I bring my leg up, after that I let it down and go behind the suitcase. I unzip it and put it laying on the floor. I jump over the suitcase and look up and down, I do some turns and pretend to get dizzy. I run up to the front and do a heel click. I continue doing turns after that. I do a side aerial and jump back. I continue doing different movements with exaggerated facial expressions and at the end I do some more turns, falling into the suitcase. I sit on it and cross my arms. 

"You need to point those feet on the side aerial, 'kay?" Abby asks as I stand up and I nod, "Besides that, you did great, let's go over it a couple more times to perfect it and then you're dismissed."

Just as she said, I went over the dance a couple more times and she dismissed me, I take my dance bag and leave with my family. We all get in the car and start our way back home.

"At least we know what Abby did on the week she wasn't here," Kenzie starts, "She was watching movies."

Maddie laughs and high-fives her.

"What about your solo, Mel?" Mom asks as she stops on a red light.

"The song's in spanish and I think the solo is a peace offering." I tell her.

"Also, I'm back on the team!" Kenzie exclaims.

"Lucky, I'm still on probation." I say, "I just want to go to Georgia."

"Talking about Georgia," Mom says, "I think you're going alone."

"Alone?" Maddie asks, "Poor, defenseless, eight-year old Melanie V. Ziegler?"

"Yeah, but don't think that you're going to be alone there." Mom tells me, "I hired a babysitter."

"How in the world does a babysitter work on a whole other state?" I ask.