How Do You Like Them Apples?

Let's talk about Woodbridge, Virginia. You're a tenth-of-a-point loser. It's time to cowboy up here." Miss Abby starts pyramid, "The Abby Lee Dance Company is somebody to beat. They're not thrilled that they won. They're thrilled that they beat you. You need to challenge yourself. If your leg's here, find the girl in class whose leg is here, and go stand next to her at the bar. Fight for that. That's how you get better. You have to want to win more than I want it for you. Now, I want to talk about this week. We will be traveling to Ohio."

Tan tan taaaaaaaan!

"We might see Kendall." We groan, "And we might see Vivi-Anne." We groan again, "All I know is that the Abby Lee Dance Company will be so hot, that they will become apple pie, and your group is gonna be like the a la mode. The name of the dance is 'Land Unforgiven'. It's about territory. We are going to Cathy's territory. We're gonna stick the stake right into that beef jerky. Everybody standing before me is in the group dance. However, I'm gonna bring a few ringers in. Just like the Wicked Witch of the West. She always brings older dancers in her routines. Let's fight fire with fire."

Sounds cool! Miss Abby reveals the bottom headshot.

"Brooke, you're still on probation. Next, we have Mackenzie. How did you get down there, what happened?" We all look at Kenzie, "How many times did I tell you to spit your gum out?"

"Maybe ten." Kenzie answers quietly.

So, that's nine times too many." Miss Abby tells her, "Next, Melanie. You were good in the dance, but you gotta keep up with the older girls if you want to be in the group dances more often."

Maddie   Maddie

Chloe   Paige

Nia   Melanie   Mackenzie   Brooke

Paige was finally off probation and she has a solo this week, Chloe also has a solo. There's also two off-show solos and an off-show duet. After the group dance rehearsal with Auriel, Katherine, and Nina, we all started taking an gymnastics class.

Honestly, the next couple of days were basically the same, we needed for the group dance to be perfect. We need to beat the Candy Apples. We also need for Paige to beat Kendall. When competition day arrived, I knew that it was going to be a juicy one.

We were all in the audience waiting for the solos to go in. First was Chloe.

"Solo age ten, Chloe, 'Angry Bird', 416" The announcer says and Chloe goes on stage.

I love her costume, but in the middle of the dance, one of her earrings fly off. Christi's freaking out, but she's trying to not be that obvious, because of what Miss Abby could say. Thankfully, nothing bad happened and she slays the dance.

"Up next, we have routine number 442, Kendall, a Junior Miss Nexstar contestant." The announcer says and Kendall goes on stage.

My darlin' take my word for it
You've come too far to let me down
Don't you worry it'll work its way out
No time to mess around
You're aching for an easy answer
Don't be takin' more than you can count
There's no quick fix to rid all your doubt
Find what it's all about

The music skips a lot of times, and the solo becomes a hot mess, I just feel bad for Kendall, I want her to come back.

"Attention, up next is number 488. This is Paige, a Junior Miss Nexstar contestant." The announcer says Paige goes on stage with the famous chair.

I'm the sparkler on your birthday cake
The cork that's popping your champagne
I wear Louboutins to the corner store
Turn every head at every single door
And more

I better bite-bite-bite my tongue, bite my tongue
I know you know that you're thinking it too (la la-la la la)
Don't worry kitten I won't tell on you (la la-la la la)
I know you know that you're thinking it too
You're secret is safe, I won't tell on you
Bite-bite-bite my tongue, bite my tongue

Abby was so confused, so were the rest of us, Kelly just changed almost the entire solo, and I think I could do that instead of Paige.

~~~

I loved the costume and the dance, it was all so different, and Kenzie and I got a chance to be in it!

"Next contestant, 404A, 'Land Unforgiven'." The announcer says and we all go on stage.

Everyone seemed to love the number, myself included, but can we beat the Candy Apples with this number?

Then wait was soon over, and it was time for awards. We all sat down together extremely nervous, hope we make Miss Abby proud.

"We're gonna do the top ten, Nexstar division, nine-to-eleven solos." The announcer says, "Tenth place is 426, 'Little Me'."

We all clap.

"Seventh place, 448, is 'Tongue Twister'."

We all clap as Paige goes receive her award.

"Sixth place, 416, 'Angry Bird'."

We all cheer as Chloe goes receive her award. Okay, no way that Kendall beat both Chloe and Paige after what happened with her solo.

"And our highest scoring nine-to-eleven soloist in the Nexstar division will be 428, 'Roxy'."

Kendall did not place at all. I'm kind of relieved for Chloe, Paige, and Miss Abby, but I'm kind if upset for her.

"Nexstar, nine-to-eleven, small groups. Here are the top five." The announcer says, "Fifth place, 404A, 'Land Unforgiven'."

Kenzie goes receive the award and I look at Miss Abby in the audience. What I thought would be a frown, was actually a wide smile. Wow.

The Candy Apples didn't place and I've never seen Miss Abby so happy about placing fifth before in my five years of life.