The Apple Of Her Eye

Nia

Kendall   Maddie   Chloe

Melanie   Brooke   Paige   Mackenzie

This week, the group dance is a tribute to Rosa Parks, I still have not studied about her in school, but what I do know, is that she did amazing things. Chloe is finally back from suspension, and has a duet with Paige! Maddie, Kendall, and I all have solos. Mine is entitled 'You and I', I was supposed to have it next week, but now that Kenzie's benched this week, Miss Abby doesn't want me doing nothing.

Two Days To Competition

I walk into the Dancer's Den after my solo private with Gia. Miss Abby has been busy all day with the group dance and . . . Kendall's face. Yeah, KENDALL'S FACE, but I mean, she's working with her facial expressions though. I sit down and take out my phone.

"Watcha doing?" I hear Liam ask and I look up.

"Nothing." I answer, "Just chillin' on the dance floor. What are you doing?"

"Just finished acro class." He answers as he tosses me a water bottle, "Your mom told me to give you that."

"Thanks." I say as I take off the lid.

"Liam Brandon and Melanie Victoria!" Emma walks in and the two of us look at her, "We have to do something for Liam's birthday in two weeks!"

"Is it supposed to be a surprise?" Liam asks and I chuckle.

"No, you dummy." Emma tells him, "Let's hang out, I don't know, go to the arcade, skate--"

"We can not skate, Emma Louise." I tell her, "Miss Abby and everyone else would kill us."

"Something else." Emma says, "We gotta do something."

"What about nothing?" Liam suggests, "I'm not a big fan of birthday parties anyways."

"You're no fun." Emma admits, "So let's plan mine instead. My birthday's next month, what are you guys' gifts?"

Liam and I look at each other as we stand up and walk out of the Dancer's Den.

"Guys? Guys!"

One Day To Competition

I was rehearsing my solo in studio A. Right now, I was almost at the end, where I do a side leap, get on my knees, and finally, just lay on the floor.

"On a couple hours you're getting on that bus and you won't be able to rehearse anymore." Miss Abby tells, "That solo must be perfect, even more than perfect. All right?" I nod, "Bring Kendall in now."

I go back to the Dancer's Den and Kendall walks in.

"Don't think I haven't forgotten about our conversation from yesterday." Emma walks in.

I notice Liam on the doorway, who was trying to tell me to go with him.

"You know, I really need to use the bathroom." I lie as I stand up, "Bye!"

"You liar!"

I run off with Liam to the gift shop and lock the door.

"That girl's really obsessed with her birthday." I say.

"It isn't really like that, it's just that it's the only time besides Christmas and Thanksgiving that she gets to spend time with her mom." Liam says.

"Yeah, 'cause she's always working." I add, "But, do you have any idea of birthday gifts."

"Kinda." Liam admits, "But I'm not gonna tell you."