The Dancing Dead

Nia

Kendall   Maddie   Chloe

Melanie   Mackenzie   Asia   Payton   Paige   Brooke

Chloe, Kendall, and Nia have solos, and everyone's on the group dance. It is entitled 'On the Verge'.

On the group dance rehearsal, I was going over my mini-solo part. I did a tilt, rolled onto the floor, and covered my face with my hands, as if I was crying. It was small, but I loved it, and the emotion into the dance, it was amazing. I had a featured role, which I was very excited for. In general, I just loved this dance.

"Take your body lower, your left shoulder." Miss Abby tells Maddie, "Come on, think. Figure out what you're doing, why can't you stay there?"

Right after that, we started practicing the entrance. In my case, Chloe has her left arm around me, she lets me go as I do some chaine turns into the stage, I do a side aerial and get on my knees on the floor.

Three Days To Competition

We were all rehearsing the group dance with Gianna because Miss Abby still wasn't here. I was just every second of the dance, I can't even explain how much I love and adore the dance.

"Hey guys, how's it going?"

Miss Abby comes in and we all look over to her.

Rehearsal continues right after that.

Next couple of days, I was on cloud nine with the group dance.

Competition Day

"Taking the stage right now is entry number 25 in the junior division, this is Kendall with 'Under My Spell'."

Oh, you got me weak in the knees
Just trying to figure out what is going on here
Seems like you gotta spell o-over me
Don't wanna let it go 'cause I think it feels good

Why you trying to steal my heart
Don't you know I'd give it to you
Willingly all you gotta do is ask me now
And it will be yours

"On their way to the stage right now is entry number 27, this is Nia with 'Broadways Baby Tribute'."

My baby's gone
Ain't coming back to me
My baby's gone, gone, gone
Sweet misery

All I do is cry, cry, cry
Oh, please come back to me

"Taking the stage right now is entry number 29, here's Chloe with 'Fired Up'." 

"That looks so fun." Asia comments.

"I could picture you doing a dance like that." I tell her.

"Yeah, I would love to." She looks at me.

"Shh, I'm trying to concentrate." Kenzie tells us.

"Go concentrate somewhere else." I nudge her playfully.

"I wanna concentrate here." Kenzie says, trying not to laugh.

"There's a lot of places to concentrate." Asia starts laughing.

We all end up laughing as Chloe finishes her solo. We all go back to the dressing room and get ready for the group dance. I get on the costume and work with my hair. I start going over my parts on the group when we have to go backstage.

"Taking the stage now is entry number 79, here they are with 'On the Verge'." The announcer says and the music starts.

You wouldn't mess with a child's mind
You wouldn't be unkind
Who are we fooling, anything's not fine
You shoved me out of line

Single file, down the aisle
You're the reason that they made this rule
To protect us from that smile
This pain is anything but mild

The group dance was sadly fourth, the solos were ninth, fifth, and second.

Things are looking pretty rocky for nationals.