Chapter 53: Visions

Dylan's POV

Racing through the city, much faster than the speed of sound. I blitzed through the street, taking quick turns and moving faster and faster, not slowing down for anyone. I needed to run, to move. It gave me the illusion that I could escape my problems for at the very least a few moments at a time.

Whether it was a second or an hour, any time frame was total bliss...

The wind wisped across my face like a hot knife through butter. The lightning shroud expanded and grew brighter as I screamed, flashes of the alleyway shot through my mind, like a sledgehammer against my temple. It thrashed my train of thought making it the only thing that rattle around in my head.

Moving towards Star Labs, I entered the building. Coming to a complete stop in the cortex, everyone inside yelped as papers went flying everywhere. "Sorry" I said in exasperation, quickly using my speed to clean up the mess. "Uh...Thanks" Caitlin said, in between confusion and graditude.

"Why are you here? I thought you were with Cis-"

"They didn't need me and I was hoping you guys would know where Joe is?" I placed my hands on my hips, awaiting eagerly for an answer. So much so, that my foot rapid fire tapped against the floor at super speed.

Barry glanced around the cortex before standing up. "He's probably at the precinct, I'll take you there" He said as he grabbed his jacket, right before giving Iris a goodbye. "See you guys later" The two of us flashed out of the cortex in a rush. I kept in pace with Barry as I followed. "So, what's up?" Barry asked as we ran.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you have that look of dread. So, what happened?" Barry questioned. Sighing, I thought on what Rene said and how he ticked me off, the visions were also on my priority list. "I'm not sure, every lead I've looked up about my vision and my Mother has come up blank"

"And you want to see if Joe can help since he's been a cop for years?"

I nodded in confirmation as the two of us were brought to a halt due to us arriving at the precinct. We wandered inside, Barry leading me in the elevator and up to the main foyer. The contraption dinged and the doors opened quickly.

Stepping out, I looked around in awe at the spectecle. This place was huge and vintage. Barry tapped my shoulder and waved me to follow him. The two of us stepped into the desk space where all the cops were, Barry got a few greetings from the staff while I stuck out like a sore thumb.

Not only am I a minor, I was gawking at the size of this place.

"Joe" Barry announced our presence to his Not-Dad? This will forever be confusing. The older man looked away from his work and stood up. "Bare, what's going on. I thought you were busy with..." He whispered the last part so nobody around could hear him. "Yeah, we are. But Dylan here needs to speak with you" As Barry gestured to me, I stepped forward with an awkward smile and wave.

"Hey, uh... I was hoping I could ask you about a missing person's case. Amelia Parkingson, missing teen agers around twenty years ago?" The awkwardness of saying my mother's name out loud was like a itch I couldn't scratch. Also that fact that her name is different here than it is on my Earth. Dr Gwenzel, my actual Uncle's Girlfriend/Love Interest has that name.

On my Earth, my Mother had the name of Amanda...

Joe glanced at Barry who nodded, silently asking him to help me.

"Alright, but we better do this in the lab. Meet you there in a few"

Awkwardly knocking my fist together, I gave Joe double thumbs up before following Barry to his lab. Ignoring the magnitude of stares I received from the Officers within the building.