Chapter 1

My father the king became very ill when I was seven years old. My mother had already died years earlier. With no family to take us in we were adopted by a man named Hank. He was a tall dark haired and fair skinned man, but I felt as if he knew this were coming. The way he jumped at the opportunity. Dad finally died and Hank took over as King. After the coronation my brother and I went to play in the woods Jack had taken some arrows from the armory to shoot. He was shooting pretty well then I heard a faint noise just beyond the trees. Adrenaline rushed through my veins and I jumped at Jack. A bullet flew by my hair and hit where Jack's head used to be. We ran back to the castle and the guards told me to go up to Hank's room. I got there and Hank said,"Hello Emilie I noticed you and your brother were almost killed."
"Yes we- wait you were THERE?!"
"Yes I was and I have to say-"
"No I have to talk to you you just watched as we were almost killed?!"
"Yes I did and I'm glad because I finally know which of you has the power I've been looking for."
"What are you talking about?"
"Do you honestly think that it's a coincidence you knocked your brother out of the way just in the knick of time?"
"Yes well I um ....guess so?"
"No it's not you have so many powers it's incredible, and now I have you.....the perfect weapon."
"What are you going to do?"
"Train you until your powers are perfect, train you to kill, and other useful skills."
"No no no I won't let you use me to hurt people."
"Then I guess I'll just give you some incentive. Bring him in."
I turned to find me brother knocked out and being dragged into the room.
"If you won't work with me I'll just kill your brother."
"No wait I-I-I'll do it."
"That's a good girl training starts tomorrow at dawn."
9 YEARS LATER
I walked into the shop looking for my target. This was basically routine by now heads snapped up to look at me, and many were flirty eyes.
I ordered and looked for a table. In the corner there he was I walked over and sat down.
"Is this seat taken?"
He looked up and immediately his face turned into a flirty smirk.
"Only for you miss?"
"Diamond,Alex Diamond
, and you are?"
"Drake Taylor."
"Drake...I like it so how does a guy like you sit here and no girls are fighting to get the honor of sitting near you?"
"Well I only allow the best to come anywhere near me."
"So you're saying I'm the best?"
"Yes I am so how about you and I get out of here?"
I knew I had him right where I wanted him.
"That would be lovely."
He led me to an alleyway and pushed me against the wall he leaned in for a kiss.
"Nice try Mr Taylor, but I'm afraid I was sent here to kill not kiss."
Before he had time to even let that process he'd hit the ground with a soft "thunk." I raised my hand and his body turned to ash. After I had cleaned up I went back to the castle. I walk in and automatically felt worry rush over me I ran up to Hank's room and found Jack dead. I couldn't cry because that function of my body hadn't been used in years. Anger took over and I searched the minds of everyone in the castle. I found the one who did it he was Harold the oldest guard. I looked at him straight in the eye and he trembled. I smiled wickedly and said, "Don't worry it'll be quick." I pulled out a gun and shot him the other guards just looked away, but they reeked of fear. I went to Hank's room and heard his mind he thought,"I should have done that years ago." I was furious so I made a plan to run that very night nothing was left to hold me back. At midnight I jumped out of my window and ran. By the time they realized I was gone it was to late. I was determined to get my revenge and take back my kingdom.