Chicken Blood and Dueling club

an: hey I'm so sorry I literally haven't updated for over a year. to be honest I discontinued this story and wasn't planning on continuing it. I hit some writers block, and started writing fanfics for other books not to mention school was practically taking over my life. hopefully I'll update more, no promises it'll be anytime soon though. 

enjoy the chapter!

alaska/ chiaras pov 

hey! damien and nico are sitting together!!!!! they must have made up!

"hey guys" I say "hello lask" damien smiled at me "sit down"

I sit next to him suprised, he's not even going to mention it? maybe he just wants to forget the fight.

suddenly a owl swoops down

"oh is that your moms reply" Damien asks

"huh?" Nico turns to glance at the letter "you wrote to your mom?"

"yup" I answer popping the p

"didn't we mention? I asked Lask to write to her parents to ask for them to look at a sample of the blood on the wall, cause y-know her dads a potioneer and her moms a chemist in the muggle world"

"how'd you get a sample" Nico asks "I thought filch couldn't get it of the walls"

"yeah but Damien's a total genius and he figured we wouldn't be able to touch it earlier so he collected some when he first saw it, y-know when it was wet" I say smiling at Damian before glancing at the letter "says here it was chicken blood"

"why would someone kill a chicken" Nico muses

"I don't know..." I answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow Damien was taking this seriously, he had spent the past month and a half questioning Hagrid(cause they were his chickens) and looking stuff up at the library. he even missed the quidditch match with the crazy bludger that totally try'd to kill harry potter, and then Lockhart absolutely wrecking Harrys arm(how was I ever interested in that guy?)

"hey you to thinking about joining the dueling club?" Nico asks us over breakfast

"oh there was a notice about that" I say picking at my oatmeal "why not?"

"yeah lets check it out" Damien said looking up from his book (101 uses of chicken blood in magic)

apparently the dueling club was just another way for lockhart to show off his Nonexistent skills. after watching snape absolutely destroy Lockhart and listening to Lockhart be all 'oh I knew it was gonna happen blah blah blah'  the professors started pairing us up.

"Norwood with Di Angelo, White with Blaise" Lockhart says walking by

huh?

wait I'm not with Damien?

uh oh

I watch as Zabini Blaise walks toward Damien with a smile and a raised hand in form of greeting. crap crap crap!! if he doesn't give Damien a challenge Damien will be insulted, but if he defeats Damien to much Damien will be upset. either way Blaise is screwed!!

"so should we start?" Nico asks 

"huh oh yeah" I say turning and quickly hit him with my strongest strongest disarming charm making his wand fly across the room. Nico gives me a surprised look since I don't usually act that strong and then goes chasing after the wand. Good, That should keep him occupied/

I turn to Damien and Blaise and watch Blaise prepare to shoot his spell, I can tell its going to be strong enough to at least mildly humiliate Damien so I do a quick blocking spell, that weakens the expelliarmus but doesn't stop it, and sigh with relief as I see how Damien looks unbothered and begins to prepare his own spell. 

lets just say I was relived when Lockhart broke up the groups in order to have Malfoy and potter fight. its difficult to predict the strength of someone's spell, while distracting Nico and not letting Damien realize what I have been doing. but I've got practice, I've been protecting people from Damien's  wrath for years.

then in the middle of potter and Malfoys fight(which was getting out of control) harry spoke to a snake

wait

what?