Who needs hero names?

Start from the beginning

"Well, it's not exactly a bad idea to have," I half-agreed. "Though there'll be times where getting there early isn't an option. After all, Heroes only arrive on the scene after something bad happens."

-

"It's different when they broadcast the matches on TV after all, huh?" Ashido said after almost everyone had made it to the classroom. "So many people talked to me on my way here!"

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima agreed.

That kind of conversation continued, going around the room while people talked about getting recognised. That is, until the door opened and Aizawa came in to start homeroom. Suddenly, everyone was in their seats, even those who were previously talking to friends on the other side of the room. It was a bit weird to watch.

"Morning," Aizawa greeted.

""Good morning!""

"Today, we're having a special hero informatics class today," he announced. This raised the tension in the room to the point where I could almost feel how nervous some people were. It reminded me of how the sports festival news was broken to us. "Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names."

""We're gonna do something exciting!"" most of the class celebrated, but everyone was silenced the second that Aizawa's eyes glowed red from his quirk.

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks that I mentioned the other day," Aizawa continued. "The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation."

"You need to make sure to improve, otherwise people stop paying attention..." I muttered, realising how the offers work. "Interested in 'potential'..."

"Adults are so selfish," Mineta complained.

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Hagakure asked.

"That's right. And here are the totals for those offers," Aizawa announced, turning and putting a list on the board.

Todoroki was number one, with over 4000 offers. With his power, it was to be expected. Plus, his father is Endeavour, the number two hero. That would likely have something to do with it as well.

Bakugo was next, with just over 3500 offers. Again, it wasn't unexpected. He has a way of making use of his explosions to do various things, and he's an excellent fighter.

Tokoyami was next, then Iida, Kaminari, and so on. The offers for everyone other than the top two were far fewer in comparison. Tokoyami got the third highest number of offers, and he only got 360. A good number, to be sure, but nothing when you look at Bakugo and Todoroki.

"In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes are on these two this year," Aizawa explained, gesturing to the top of the list.

"Todoroki's first, and Bakugo's second..?" Jiro read.

"It's the opposite of their placement in the sports festival," Kirishima realised.

"Some people are too scared to ask for a guy who had to be restrained on the podium," Sero explained.

"What're the pros scared of?!" Bakugo shouted, overhearing the conversation that was going on about him.

"You, Bakugo. Now calm down," I told him. "The ones who avoided you weighed the pros and cons of recruiting you, and said no. They're likely just idiots who don't look past the surface, but that just means you don't need to bother with them."