xxxvi. return to grimmauld place

Mulai dari awal

"coffee?" the waitress approached them, blasting music from her walkman.

"a cappuccino, please." hermione nodded.

"a mocha latte, please." paris said.

"you?" the waitress pointed to ron.

"uh— what she said."

"same." harry nodded— both boys not having a clue about coffee.

"so, where do we go from here? the leaky cauldron?" the red-head asked.

"it's too dangerous." hermione shook her head. "if voldemort really has taken over the ministry—then none of the old places are safe. everyone from the wedding would've gone underground, into hiding."

"what about grimmauld place?" paris suggested.

"perfect."

"what about my rucksack with all my things— i've left it at the burrow." harry sighed.

hermione shook her head, lifting up her bag.

"you're joking?" paris chuckled.

"i've had all the essentials packed for days." she shrugged. "just in case."

harry's eyes moved from his friends to the two men who had just walked in and were standing by the counter, their backs to them.
"get down!" he hissed, after noticing them pull out wands from their pockets.

"stupefy!" he leapt up, sending them flying back over the counter.

the other three ducked underneath the tables, until hermione rose, pointing her wand at them. "petrificus totalus!" the men tumbled back into the glass case, shattering it and squashing the cakes and treats inside.
"go!" hermione shouted to the scared waitress, who hobbled back in with their coffees, looking down at the unconscious men by her feet. "leave!"

"lock the door and get the lights." harry advised, and ron clicked his deluminator. "this one's names rowle." he said, stepping around the glass to one of the deatheaters. "he was on the astronomy tower the night snape killed dumbledore."

"this is dolohov." ron added, pointing at the other one. "i recognise him from the wanted posters. so what are we gonna do with you, eh? you'd kill of us if it was turned around, wouldn't you?"

"if we kill them, they'll know we were here." harry interjected.

"ron." hermione warned.

"suppose he did, mad eye? how would you feel, then?" ron turned around to them, scowling. "suppose he did your mum, paris? he could've."

paris shook her head. "i think i'd be able to tell. like a gut feeling. it's not him."

"maybe that's what the remembrall's for."

"it's better we wipe their memories." harry chimed in.

"you're the boss." ron shrugged, backing away.

"you're the best at spells, love." the brunette girl nodded for hermione to step forward.

"obliviate." the latter whispered, her wand pointed firmly at the two men.

"HOW IS IT THAT THEY KNEW WE WERE THERE?" harry asked, as the four wandered through the streets.

"maybe you've still got the trace on you?"

"can't be. the trace breaks at seventeen. it's wizarding law."

hermione gasped and stopped walking, a frown plastered on her face.

"what?" paris asked, letting go of her hand.

"we didn't celebrate harry's birthday!" she pouted. "ginny and i— we prepared a cake. we were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding!"

"forget harry's bloody birthday. i didn't even get my mocha.." paris mumbled unhappily.

"hermione, honestly, i appreciate the thought, but given the fact we were almost killed by a couple of deatheaters a few minutes ago...?"

"right." hermione shook her head sadly. "perspective."

they stood in front of the house as it pushed its way from its hiding place between eleven and thirteen grimmauld place.

"home sweet home." paris mumbled as they locked the door behind them.

ron switched on the lights, and a gust of dust rose from the floor, swirling about like a tornado, before coming straight for them— the dust formed into the shape of dumbledore, reaching his arms out and shrieking.

hermione screamed, leaping back next to paris, until the dust dumbledore exploded, falling to the floorboards.

"what was that all about?" ron exclaimed, eyes wide.

"what the fuck?" paris breathed, catching her breath back.

probably mad eye's idea. in case snape came snooping." she stepped forward, raising her wand. "homenum revelio." when no one appeared, she nodded. "we're alone."

LARA'S NOTES— random question: what's ur fave underrated hp ship