Prologue

"Will Mommy be okay, Daddy?" The little girl whispered sadly, looking at her Mommy

"She is doing much better than yesterday!", He stroked the girls arm soothingly. 

"Then why does she have black lines on her body?" she whispered questioningly and looked up at her dad. 

"She didn't!" He contradicted. 

"Yes, she did. I saw it exactly when you went to see her yesterday! Did she paint herself?" The girl asked her father. 

"No!" He sighed. 

*** 

Her mommy was getting weirder every day. She screamed in the night and did not want to calm down anymore and continued to paint herself. She painted more and more black lines on her body. 

"Has she gone crazy?" the girl whispered to her older brother, who was lying next to her with an arm around her. 

"No, she will definitely get well again soon!" He smiled at the girl reassuringly. 

***

One evening their mother screamed worse than the other nights. The little girl heard her creepy screeching like she was next to her. Her mother screamed and sobbed. The girl felt sorry for her! Even though Dad had forbidden the girl to go to her mother, she peeled herself out of her brother's embrace and crept over to the room her mommy was in. It was locked! But the key was on the door and so she was able to unlock the door. She opened it carefully and looked inside. 

"Mommy?" She asked into the darkness. A low gasp sounded next to her and she turned to her mother. There she was on the floor. Full of blood. Her otherwise beautiful clear blue eyes had disappeared, now they were red. Her skin had even more black lines. 

"Why are you painting yourself Mommy?" The girl asked quietly so her brother and dad wouldn't hear her.

"Aria!" She gasped. 

"Mommy? Are you okay? Are you already painting your eyes? That doesn't look very nice," she whispered. 

"Hungry!", Her mother shouted and her otherwise loving look gave way to a crazy greedy look. 

"We still have some of the spaghetti we ate today. Dad made it! Wait here, I'll get it quickly." The girl smiled and went into the kitchen. 

She took the rest of the spaghetti, put it on a plate and put it in the microwave. The little girl waited until the familiar beep sound came and padded softly back to her mommy with the plate in her hand. Her mother was still on the floor and her greedy gaze fell on the girl as she entered the room. She scared the little girl, but the girl didn't want to lose courage, so she walked up to her mother and put the plate in front of her. 

"Here! It tastes very good. Try it! You know, I miss you. You haven't played with me and my dolls in days. My doll Bella misses you. Do you remember her? Should I get her quickly?" The girl said with a smile.