Chapter 1

(Narrator's POV)

*Eariler*

"He's in there. I know questions will be asked, but we can just cover up his demise as an accident." Holly Blue Agate said as she approached the room that Steven was in, flanked by a trio of Jaspers. Today would be the day she rids herself of the hybrid and restores Homeworld to its former glory and herself to her former stauts!

But knowing it would be foolish to go on her own, Holly Blue enlisted the aid of 3 like minded Gems who just so happened to be strong Jaspers. Though they were like minded, it didn't mean they were foolish enough to assume victory.

Nevertheless, the group entered Steven's room, thinking the hybrid was asleep.

"Now. While he's vulnerable!" Holly Blue Agate ordered as all 3 Jaspers attacked at once....

*POOF!*

In mere seconds, all Jaspers were reduced to their Gems as Holly Blue was in pure shock. But that shock turned to fear when Steven picked up one of the Jaspers and began eating and chewing it!

"You....YOU MONSTER!!" Holly Blue exclaimed as she summoned her whip and lashed at Steven...only for the hybrid to dodge and impale Holly Blue with his corrupted claw, poofing her as well.

"Heh. 3 appetizers followed by a nice thick Gem of a meal." Steven said with a chuckle as he smashed her Gem along with the remaining 2 Jaspers. Much easier to eat when there's less to have to chew.

*Present*

Gem shards lay at his feet as he fed. It was all he knew for the past 5 years. All he had fueling him. His own anger keeping him going and alive.

"Stevie? Can I come in, Sunshine?" Spinel asked as Steven grunted and opened the door and allowed her to come in. She had been one of his only friends since that day.

"What do you want, Spinel? And didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" Steven asked in annoyance,still testing his corrupted arm.

"White wanted to know how that new arm's treatin ya. She says it's more of a controlled corruption rather than a normal one." Spinel explained as Steven morphed his recently added arm into a scaled and razor sharp clawed hand. It was a vast improvement since losing his old one.

"Works just fine. The Gems that were stupid enough to try and kill me in here didn't think so, though." Steven said in anger as Spinel looked around the room and saw scattered Gem shards. In fact, Steven was still munching on what remained of Holly Blue Agate.

"Looks like Holly Blue couldn't leave well enough alone." Spinel said with a slight chuckle. Pink Pearl had made her aware of Steven's new habit of what he fed on, but it didn't make it any less easier to stomach(no pun intended).

"Stevie. Lemme ask you: What are you going to do now?" Spinel asked in concern as Steven's anger flared up yet again, causing his hand to shapeshift into a corrupted fist.

"What am I going to do about what? Because if you mean what I'm going to do when I come face to face with them...." Steven snarled as Spinel tried to calm him down.

"Whoa whoa. Easy, Stevie. I know you're still sore after what happened. I mean those Gems pretty much left ya to die." Spinel said as Steven calmed down.

"I have to know how things are on Earth. I'm going to the Moon Base." Steven said as Spinel sighed.

"Already saw. Been keeping tabs on it for the past 3 years. Those Gems after you "died"? They pretty much became the heroes. They made your death out to be a tragic accident. Even worse is what they did to Jasper. Somehow that Pearl pinned it on her and made it all public. Even had a public execution planned for her but I don't know what happened with that." Spinel explained.

"What about Connie and my Dad?" Steven asked as Spinel sighed.

" All I remember seeing is that human she's with now leaving her at her home and her going inside. As for your Dad? I saw him with another human female into that van of his. Both your Dad and Connie went out of range of viewing, so I don't know what's happened with them." She said as Steven was furious!

"The Gems lied to everyone!!! They even tried to have Jasper killed for something she didn't even do! If they knew the truth about what happened to me, then let's see what everyone would say!" The hybrid roared in anger as Spinel was a bit afraid, but knew Steven wouldn't hurt her. At least she hoped he wouldn't.

"Calm down, Steven. Believe me: You have a lot of support here on Homeworld. Over the past 5 years, everyone's been up in arms about what happened to you. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if we had another war on our hands. I heard Yellow is even planning to send a platoon to Earth! Her and the others are furious at those Gems!" Spinel explained as Steven sighed.

"Come on. Let's go talk to the Diamonds." He said as Spinel followed him.

"Huh? What for, Stevie?" She asked.

"There's an old Earth saying: "If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself." Steven replied as he and Spinel went to talk to Yellow, Blue and White.

Heh! Looks like Steven has plans of his own for his former loved ones! He and Spinel talk to the Diamonds next chapter! See ya then!

Lurkerbelow

The_Lovely_Starlight

EndieStories

FilippoMasiero2

vergil222

ZBug74

CreativeWriter96

Craftfury

Zach150