Chapter 16(Finale)

*Two days later*

(Connie's POV)

Heh. So this is how it ends for me. When I was younger, I always read fantasy books and a lot of them had the villain executed. Or in some cases, one of the heroes is saved from a wrongful execution. While I'm hoping for the latter, my mindset won't let me be positive. I wonder if this is how Guy Fawkes felt before he met his end? Thinking about his life, people he loved....

Love. There was one person who was on my mind as my mind flashed back to that day on the Beach. I was just a lonely girl with no friends until I met Steven. Friends to Best Friends to Close Friends to Lovers. Steven changed my whole life. Opened so many doors for me.

If I could see him one last time, I would tell him how much I love him and how I'll always be grateful for all he's done for me. I look back on the day I broke his heart with that damn text. I'll always hate myself for that. Steven desevres so much better than me. And if this is truly the end for me, I hope he will find it.

*Meanwhile....*

(Narrator's POV)

"Tommorrow is the day. Are you sure you all are alright?" Steven asked Sadie and the others, who were still healing from their injuries.

"For the billionth time, Steven. We're fine. Don't worry about us. Pearl's drones hit like a damn truck, but we'll live. Anyway, I'm more worried about you. If this plan doesn't work, then what'll you do?" She asked as Steven smiled.

"It will work. It has to. Connie's life depends on it."  The hybrid said with determination in his voice as he went to one of the spare rooms to rest for tomorrow....

*The Day of Connie's Execution*

(Narrator's POV)

The residents of Beach City all gathered at the Beach where Connie was tied up, Pearl's blade at her throat. Garnet and Amethyst were on both sides.

"Good day, humans. You are all gathered here today to witness the swift and just punishment to a criminal who has disrupted order and tried to start a rebellion that threatened everyone! Such a disgrace to Steven's memory! Especially by one he loved so dearly! But let this also serve as a lesson to anyone who has the same ideas of betrayal!" Pearl exclaimed until...

*SMASH!*

"What was that?!?" Amethyst exclaimed as she summoned her whip, ready to deal with any troublemakers. But to everyone's surprise, not only did Garnet stop her, but a hooded figure approached the execution stand, causing Pearl to chuckle and Connie to panic.

*Steven...please no...don't risk yourself for me.* She thought to herself.

"So you decided to show up after all. Well why don't you take that hood off and show the world who you are? Otherwise I'll kill Connie right in front of you!" Pearl exclaimed as the figure let out a chuckle....and stretched their arm into a huge punch that clocked the Pale Gem!!

"WHAT??! YOU AREN'T STEVEN!!!" Garnet exclaimed, confusing Amethyst and everyone else!

"What?!? Of course that isn't Steven! He's dead, Garnet!!" Amethyst exclaimed as she went at the hooded figure that soon revealed herself as Spinel(shapeshifted as Steven!) who dodged her attack!

While all this was going on...

*POW!*

Garnet was clocked with a punch from Jasper, (who also shapeshifted into Steven and donned a hood to get through the crowd) catching the fusion off guard!

"GRRR! Enough of this!!" Pearl yelled as she summoned her spear and glared at Connie before bringing her spear down, ready to end the woman's life....

*CLASH!*

Until she was stopped by a familiar pink shield by another hooded figure, much to the shock of the crowd.

"It can't be him....they said he was dead.." Some people could be heard saying.

"Hands off my Connie." The figure said as he summoned his corrupted claw and slashed at Pearl, sending her back and revealing himself to be none other than the REAL Steven Universe.

"Heh! Good plan, Stevie! That old fusion never saw it coming!" Spinel exclaimed as Amethyst looked in stunned disbelief at her brother. Her brother who she believed to be dead. Looking at Pearl and Garnet with tears in her eyes, she demanded the truth.

"That's not him, is it?!? Is that really Steven?!? YOU TWO TOLD ME HE WAS DEAD!!!" She screamed in pure anger and fury as she summoned her whip.

"Amethyst. Please understand. We lied only to protect--!" Pearl began to say until Steven drilled her with a punch from his corrupted fist!

"That excuse got so old that it's dead like you're about to be, Pearl!!" Steven snarled as he summoned his corrupted claw, slicing Pearl's spear in half when she tried to block him with it, and impaled her through her Gem with a sickening CRACK!!

At that moment, Steven saw Pearl's memories...

*If she saw what I allowed to happen to him, what would she think of me now? Rose....I'm sorry....*

"Even in death, you still can't let go of Mom's memory." Steven said bitterly as Pearl finally fell to pieces. Steven then took the remains and turned them into dust before going over to Garnet and using his claw to stab all 3 of her eyes, poofing her and allowing him to crush her Gems and access her memories:

 Steven then took the remains and turned them into dust before going over to Garnet and using his claw to stab all 3 of her eyes, poofing her and allowing him to crush her Gems and access her memories:

"Garnet...why? You honestly did love me. Not for any reason. You loved me because you honestly did. So how did you get wrapped up in all of this?" Steven asked with a sigh as Connie wrapped him in a hug after she was untied by Spinel.

"Steven....kill me! End my life! After all I've done....the people I've hurt....please...just kill me!" Amethyst sobbed, wracked with grief as Steven looked at her.

"No. I don't think killing you would make things right. You were manipulated, plain and simple. I think a fitting punishment for you is to live and atone. Help Sadie, Lapis and Peridot rebuild Beach City." Steven said as he and Connie left the execution stand, hand in hand, to the sound of heroic applause from the Beach City citizens.

Pearl and Garnet have been dealt with!

The End!!!

....Or not. We still got an epilogue! See ya next chapter for that!

Lurkerbelow

EndieStories

Craftfury

shadow3santa

ZBug74

Jss2141

FilippoMasiero2