| Part 1 |Ch 02: Grey Eyes On Me

Start from the beginning

Someone come to tell our father to calm down. Seriously? Must I confess my sins to get some understanding around here?

Prince charming finally pulls away after a small peck.

Next up, our song played in melancholy. 'Our' does not sit right with me. Sharing everything with Atticus from now on seems like a contract full of lies and hidden secrets.

After that, 'Our' friends will come to speak with us.

And then, we will leave to 'our' home.

Now, we are seated. Dinner of steak and rice. Champagne bottles glistened under the dimmed lights. The ice in which the bottles were held melted away from the hot weather.

My twin and best friend encourage me as I play with my food.

"Savannah, when you think about it.... It's not that bad" my brother states. I scoff at the lack of sympathy. The only thing that encouraged me to be here was the love I had for my family.

But I brush off their words, not right now. What I needed was an explanation, some clue as to why the hell I was the one to endure all of this.

Atticus is a playboy. His million-dollar smile got papers with dotted lines filled with thousands of dollars for a deal. His grin did not cover up his nasty attitude though. He was uncomfortable opening up. Ideally, anyone from his status did not mind sharing a sob story or two. But not him.

My heart hurts. I no going back now...

Walking on a thin board across a river needs me to concentrate more than what I have been already. One step in the wrong direction and my world will collapse.

I pick up my drink, gulping the awful wine down. My chest burns as the liquid settles into my veins.

Anxiety anxiously shifts to my nails. They were fake. Nevertheless, bringing them between my teeth brought comfort. Biting away my subconscious thoughts, I feel a finger tapping me lightly on my shoulder.

I hesitantly turn around to see another of my supporting friends.

Trevor Kaden.

"What's up princess?" I stand up shocked, at the long-time-no-see friend.

His smile was brought up to his eyes. The royal blue waves were completely steady in his eyes. They did not twinkle nor show any emotion. A steady ship of sadness sank in his pupils.

An invitation was not sent out to him. An invitation was not sent out to any of my friends. Laura was the only expected person to show up. Other than that, this mistake should be left in a hole and covered.

My legs hold me up, and my toes push against the ground giving me the supported height needed to reach him for a hug.

Trevor's arms rest on my lower back, and my head lays on the inner of his neck. This was almost like Déjà vu.

Trevor and I have been through so much. Through the ups and downs, the thick and thin, whatever you want to call it. He was always there through it all and vise versa. Dating him was-you could say- a failed experiment. Whilst friendship is the reason why my loyalty remains the same.

He hugs me tighter, "are you okay?" he whispers tenderly in my ear.

"mhm," I hum. He hugs tighter. Soothing me causes the tears of outrage to be out and released from their cage.

When I finally reach my peak and come to the realization, I push away wiping my tears.

I could feel everyone's attention and stares from a couple of feet away. Quickly regaining my composure, I could not help but feel guilty for dragging him into this.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want anyone to know about this." My heart thuds in loud beats of chaos.

"I wanted to be here...." Pausing and cupping my face, His dull pupils fixed where my eyes were.

"... for you" he finished.

"Talk to me" he urged. A sweetheart and a gentleman could have never been better represented. When I joined the dance academy, my confidence was not there. But the seed of compliments was planted. And day by day my self-love and assurance grew from his kind words.

He lets go of me, running his hands through his hair. The thin strands messily covered his forehead.

"I didn't have a choice, this is fate." I rant on, hopefully not saying anything that should not be said. Holding his hands, I continue.

"You know how much I love my family. I was put into this without a second option. Don't have any wrong ideas of me not inviting you because I am so embarrassed, but I just wanted to ask- "

Someone clears their throat behind me. Startling my susceptible self, I turn to view the nightmare that stood before me.

Atticus darts his optics between Trevor and me. He observes my friend with a glare.

"Trevahh..." Atticus amusingly thickens his vocals with a British accent.

"Fancy seeing a prick-" I scoff and he instantly goes back to his normal voice.

"-a prick as you come late to my wedding, and start flirting with my wife" He crosses his arms. Tilting his head with a foolish grin. I could tell he wanted trouble.

His 'Wife'.

Yes, I am. But it means nothing. Signatures on a paper could never beat the true meaning of what 'wife' could ever be.

What does he mean by 'a prick like you'? Do they know each other?

"You know Trevor?" I ask Atticus. Inspecting Trevor's response, my face reddens. I am humiliated at the absence of information tonight.

How many questions do I have to ask to reach the limit of having enough?!

Atticus disregards my question with ease. Eyeballing our linked hands. I shake my fingers out of Trevor's hold and Lead it to my side.

"I can ask the same thing" Atticus breathes in heavily. His chest moved with anger. If he huffs anymore, his chest might as well explode from the amount of pressure.

"Why am I talking to my best friend?" Sarcastically spitting the words out. My tongue motions syllables of hatred at him.

"Do you have common sense?" Carrying on, like a moron in the heat of the moment, I did not care.

" Use. it." I finish.

But the unexpected happened. The occasion turned into blind mountains of flame.

Atticus laughed.

His head tilted back, and he roared with laughter. Howling at the funniest joke in the world. My, my, my.. what a comedian I was.

A clown in a suit chuckled with disrespect.

"Wow Atticus, you must be drunk, what was so funny?" I shrieked.

This was only an hour with him. So please help me god, if the rest of my life depended on this...

It's not going to last long.

***❤***

Check out my IG: _cursedsunshine

Do vote and Comment below