Chapter #42

The third day of training camp arrived, we all got up and headed out for training, same as yesterday. Everyone found their designated spots to start. The early morning soon turned into noon and then so on... We all were tired from working all day, Pixie-Bob announced that we are going to have a test of courage and be able to 'play' at the end of the day.

Before dark, we all had to make ourselves some food and eat dinner. I and the rest of the classes changed into some clean and casual clothes before deciding to cook. I changed into some dark ripped jeans and a black hoodie, with my combat boots.

I was with Bakugou cutting up some vegetables while everyone stared at him for being so good with a knife.

"It's weird how good you are!" Ochako tells him with firewood in her arms.

"How can you people be so damn bad at everything?!" He screams in response.

I could hear Izuku on the back talking to Shoto about Kota, he doesn't seem to be around right now.

Then Tenya noticed that people were taking a break, "You guys if your hands aren't moving we aren't going to be able to make the stew!"

"Tsk," Bakugou starts chopping the carrot again and I put on a small smile.

When everything was done, everyone sat down to eat. I sat down next to Izuku and Tenya.

"How the food, love?" Tenya smiles with an arm around me.

"As good as it can be," I laugh.

"How was training for you all today?" Izuku asks, between bites.

"I trained with class 1B today, honestly Monoma is such an annoyance," I sigh.

"Seems like one," Tenya says under his breath.

I laugh at him, confusing Izuku because he didn't hear the comment.

The sky turned dark as the sunset, it was time for the courage test.

"We filled our bellies and cleaned the dishes!!" Pixie-Bob shouts. "It's time for...!"

Mina starts to celebrate before Dad grabs her and the other remedial students with his scarf saying how they are using the time for extra-courses instead.

Pixie-Bob explains that Class B is going to be the scarers and how Class A will leave in pairs every 3 minutes. We have to collect the tags with our names on them at the end of the route and bring them back.

"Everyone draw to see who your partner will be!" Pixie announces.

We all drew our partners, I got assigned with Izuku. He's a jumpy guy, this will be interesting.

"Hey, Y/n!" Izuku comes over to me. "Let's do our best."

I nod, we walk over to Tenya and his partner, Koda.

"Y/n, I'm sure you're going to do great, you one of the most courageous people I know!" Tenya states proudly.

"Thanks but who knows how scary Class B actually is," I shrug, Tenya puts his arms around me as we wait for our turn to go.

Moments later I start to smell smoke in the air, is something burning?

"Do you smell that?" I ask the guys around me.

"No... wait," Izuku hesitated. "You see that?"

"It smells of smoke!" Tenya shouts. "Has something been set ablaze?"

"Black smoke," Mandalay says.

Pixie-Bob gets lifted away by some unknown force, then we see some villains standing over her unconscious body.