Chapter 5

Kiara followed Dani and Kat up to the third floor and to the end of a long hallway. There was a small room that looked to be an extension of a classroom, inside it looked more like a lounge with two couches and a shaggy carpet on the floor. There were three people already in the room, arguing about a TV show. Dani and Kat walked in and went to the tables at the center of the room. Kiara hesitated at the door but then decided to just follow them.

"Hey gang, we brought a friend. Kiara this is Devon, Austin, and Alisson. Guys this is Kiara, she just moved here." Kiara waved and said hello, the others looked up at her and smiled back. The boy closest to Dani had been introduced as Devon, he had a bronze sheen to his skin which made his green eyes stand out, as did his jet-black hair. He was quite large, telling Kiara he not only played sports but was probably quite good. He smiled broadly and said a quick "Hey."

"Nice to meet ya!" The second boy, Austin spoke up. He had a lean, athletic build and his complexion was golden brown, his dirty blonde hair fell into his eyes. When he smiled at Kiara his hazel eyes crinkled and dimples appeared in his cheeks. The girl beside him, Alisson gave a small wave and an embarrassed smile. She hid behind her brown hair that fell in front of her face. She had fair skin and was very petite. They all sat at the table and the conversation from before continued.

"He had such great character development! So many of the characters did. The acting was also way better than last season," Devon exclaimed, waving his hands in the air.

Austin calmly replied, "I totally get that but the writing is kind of crappy. The show has been running for four years now and you think they'd get a better plot."

Dani looked questioningly at Alisson who spoke quietly, "Devon is trying to convince Austin to keep watching The Lunar Lights. It's not going very well." The girls giggled at the last comment.

Devon turned towards Dani, Kat, and Kiara. "You guys agree with me, right? Austin should keep watching the show because it gets better."

"I'm not getting in the middle of this," Dani was quick to answer.

"Also, why does it matter if he keeps watching?" Kat looked somewhat disinterested.

Austin was the one who answered, "He needs me to keep watching it because he thinks that if the other guys on the team realize that I'm watching it they'll watch it too."

The girls made sounds of understanding and turned to Kiara. "What do you think Kiara?" Kat asked.

Everyone looked at Kiara which made her feel slightly uncomfortable. She had watched the show but lost interest. Matt watched it religiously. "Well it's not really my place to say. I didn't really get into the show, to me the graphics were really bad. But my best friend is really into the show, hasn't missed a single episode."

Devon pouted slightly and Austin grinned at her. Dani looked at her and smirked. "Of course, you would notice the bad graphics." This caused Kiara to blush.

There was a sound at the door and it opened as two guys walked in. The boy in front had curly brown hair and his skin was as fair as Alisson's, in fact, their appearances looked very similar. This boy was animatedly talking to a brown haired, grey eyed boy who was listening intently. The second boy was extremely muscular and his skin was a warm fawn colour. The two boys stopped talking when they turned and saw Kiara sitting at the table.

"There you guys are!" Austin exclaimed, "We have a new friend! This is Kiara." Kiara raised her hand and smiled.

The muscular boy stepped forward and stuck his hand out. "Hey, I'm Michael! Did you just move here because you look familiar?"