"I want you to take out my ovaries and the uterus. And when that's done... you're gonna find the best person out there to cut off my breasts."

/ / /

Mackenzie was sitting in her hospital bed, reading a book when Bailey and the interns walked into her room for rounds. Mackenzie sat the book down, hoping to get discharged today.

"Who would like to present?" Bailey asked her five interns.

Meredith stepped up to Bailey's side. "Mackenzie Shepherd-Sloan; 11 years old. Post-op day 7 of an emergency appendectomy due to mild appendicitis and her appendix rupturing."

"Dr. Bailey, I've been here for a week. I haven't run a fever, and I've been taking my medicine like I'm supposed to. Can I please get discharged today? Please?" Mackenzie practically begged.

Bailey looks at her with a gentle smile. "Yes, you can get discharged. Although, you should've been discharged a few days ago. I don't know why you're still in here."

Mackenzie shrugged. "My papa wanted to make sure that there was nothing wrong with me or my incision. He was very insistent."

Bailey chuckled and smiled at her. "Well, I can say that without a doubt, you are cleared to go home. I'll have to make sure that both Dr. Shepherds sign your discharge papers. Just promise me you'll take it easy for a little while."

"I promise, Dr. Bailey." Mackenzie replied.

Bailey looked at George. "Dr. O'Malley... let's get Mackenzie prepped for her discharge."

"Yes ma'am." George replied and sent Mackenzie a smile.

After seven whole days, she finally gets to go home.

/ / /

Savvy, Addison, and Weiss are all sitting together at a table. Izzie is standing at the doorway, watching.

"My mother died of it. My aunt. My cousin! She's 37, has ovarian cancer." Savvy argued.

Weiss sighed. "But you don't. You don't have cancer! This is crazy, Sav."

Savvy sighed. "But I have the gene Weiss..."

Derek walks into the room.

Addison interrupts, "which gives her up to an 85% chance of getting cancer, Weiss."

"And a 15% chance she won't." Derek argued.

Addison looked up at her husband. "What are you invited

"I'm not betting my life on 15%!" Savvy retorted.

Derek looked at Addison. "Weiss asked me to come." He kisses Savvy's head and sits down next to Weiss.

Weiss shrugged. "I thought it might help."

Savvy looked at her husband. "Help what?" She asked and turned to Derek. "I'm sorry Derek, cause I love you and I'm really glad to see you but until you grow a uterus and watch your mother die from this disease you don't get... you don't get a vote."

Derek looks to Addison. "She tell you that they were trying to get pregnant?"

Addison nodded. "Yes she did."

"Having a hysterectomy is gonna throw a wrench into that," Derek argued.

"Derek! We've been trying for months." Savvy said adamantly.

"Why give up now?" Weiss questioned.

Savvy sighed. "Come on. We've talked about this. There are other ways to make a family Weiss. We can adopt, we can do..."