09 | she's a wallflower

Start from the beginning

However, Wheein suddenly remembers Hyejin's cardigan on her desk, so she swiftly picks it up and unfolds it from whatever formation it was in. As she does, she waves the cardigan in front of Hyejin's face, but the girl stops her.

"Keep it," Hyejin says quietly, a small smile on her face. "You seem very tired today, and, well, you could use it as a pillow for the rest of the day. You looked very... comfortable in it, from the looks of it."

Wheein blinks a couple of times as if trying to determine what was real or not. She looks down at the piece of clothing in her hands and secures it tightly under her armpit. However, without hesitating to stop herself, she tries to wrap it around Hyejin.

But Hyejin just continues to resist, insisting with a flushed face, "No, keep it, okay? Just𑁋I can always get it back after school."

A frown tugs at the corner of Wheein's mouth as she secures it back under her arms tightly, nearly hugging it as if it was her own.

"Oh, and one more thing."

The words make Wheein lift her head up curiously, before completely freezing up in place as she abruptly felt Hyejin's fingers gently caress at her cheek. It made her heartbeat quicken in just a single moment as she felt the girl's nails graze ever so lightly upon her face, taking a couple of long seconds for it to reach the side of her face to brush some messy strands of hair behind her ear. All that... to brush a couple strands of hair away from her face. All that, to nearly make Wheein suffer from a heart attack in her classroom. Gosh, she could've given her a warning at least.

The action even makes Hyejin somewhat tense up too as the both of them find themselves seemingly getting lost in eye contact with each other for a couple of moments. It makes Hyejin swallow thickly in her throat. And before she could say anything, the bell rings, and the two of them swiftly separate themselves into the lost hallways without a proper goodbye.

Although the two of them were far away from each other, the lingering smiles don't leave their faces until they reach their next class.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

"Hey, kid!𑁋Oh gosh, is the kid sleeping?"

"From this angle, it looks like she is."

"Falling asleep at the lunch table, that's a first," The voice stops briefly. "Should we just sit somewhere else?"

"No, I need some backup without you trying to ruin all the plans I have."

"Unnie, it's just one simple decision for one simple event."

"Whatever."

Much to their perspective, Wheein wasn't asleep𑁋just resting her head on top of Hyejin's cardigan, with the faint scent of the girl trailing around her. Hyejin's scent emitted a floral fragrance to her𑁋something she somehow expecting coming from a person like her. A flower: something beautiful, something that just brightens up when the sun rises. That's it, Hyejin's a flower.

She still felt very tired, with apparently the long nap in class not being enough to take her out of her insomniac mode. But as she could hear the familiar voices approaching, she lifts her head up with fluttering eyes to see her senior acquaintances approach her table with specifically Yongsun seemingly having a frustrated expression.

Byulyi's face brightens up to the sight as she turns around to face Yongsun with a teasing smirk. "Well, look, the kid is wide awake," She nudges the older girl annoyingly. "Good luck to you, Miss Student Council."