𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

a/n: sorry this took so long :(

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ]

"Taehyung remember to grab your luggage," I called out, giving him a pointed look as I took a large bite from the corner of a slightly charred slice of toast. The boy nodded obediently, grabbing his suitcase and double checking that all his belongings were tightly secured inside.

Today was moving day. The day in which we had to leave this place. I was peppered with small bouts of melancholy as I skimmed my hand across the back of the sofa, feeling the soft velvet under my fingers. We had all had fun here and, until MediHeal had come along and shattered the facade into a million splinters, we were like normal teenagers. Like roommates sharing a flat at university. As if we were all normal.

"I still don't understand why we have to leave this early," Yoongi yawned, clunking down the stairs with blatant annoyance. He looked like he had only just rolled out of bed, his hair askew and his belt hung loosely through the loops on his jeans but still managing to cling Holly close to his chest. That dog was the only bit of life in his house, chasing his balls around and destroying any piece of accessible furniture. Yoongi was the only one who could seem to control the little devil from dismantling everything in its path.

"Well if it were up to you, we would never leave," Jimin teased, leaning over to snatch the last piece of toast before the other boy could even reach the final step. He raised his eyebrow with a teasing smile on his face. "You'll have to make your own breakfast."

The older cursed, a slightly peeved scowl on his face, as he pulled open the kitchen cupboard and peered in. "Where did all the cereal go?"

He poked his head round the door frame and sent a suspicious look towards Taehyung who sat, rather guiltily, on the living room rug. "There was only a bit left. Plus, Hoseok drank all the milk."

Just as if he had somehow heard his summoning, the aforementioned boy also entered the room with the glass of milk that Taehyung had only just previously mentioned. The look on Yoongi's face was pure thunder.

"Is everyone ready to leave?" Hoseok asked obliviously yet still cautious of the boy sending him daggers, choosing to stand next to Jimin and take a small sip from the glass.

"We're just waiting for Namjoon; I think he's just loading the car."

There was a collective sigh as the realisation that we all had to suffer through another boring road trip. Travelling for hours in a hot sweaty vehicle was not exactly a comforting idea.

"You all ready?" Namjoon asked, sliding open the kitchen door with a pair of car keys hanging from his forefinger. It looked like he hadn't slept again, the purple circles of his eyes bulging under the skin and I wondered if we should be trusting this man with the task of driving. It looked as though he would fall asleep at the wheel only minutes into the journey. However, not everyone seemed to share my concern and Jimin jumped up unknowingly, strolling forwards and reaching for the door handle.

"I shotgun front seat," he announced, just as he slid past Namjoon and hopped down the gravel driveway.

Yoongi cursed in the realisation that he had just been scammed, launching out of his seat and rocketing after the boy with a flurry of profanities following him. I had never seen the boy act so quickly; normally he preferred to act on 0.5x speed. Namjoon just watched them in exasperation, pinching his forehead as he understood what the day would come down to. Chaos, absolute chaos.

"Come on Taehyung, I'll help you with your suitcase." Hoseok reached down and, with the help of the younger, they shuffled the luggage across the room. Taehyung appeared to be struggling, heaving the bag along as though the was pulling a dead body whereas Hoseok was shuffling along with ease. I suppose that was to be expected after all, the man does work out.