𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘. 𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

Luke

If there was one think Luke knew about himself it was that he was screwed.

He fell in love with a girl, the girl started dating his best friend, he fell for his best friend, who was dating the girl he liked.

It was funny really, he always thought that he and Julie would end up together and now she and Reggie were together. But the thing was Luke didn't know how he truly felt about Reggie.

Did Luke just want Reggie because he had Julie? Or did he truly love his best friend as more than his best friend?

In Julie he saw a whirlwind romance. He saw his past, present, and future. When he looked into her brown eyes he saw a story. When Luke heard her laugh his heart skipped a beat. When she sang Luke was truly at a loss for words. When he took her virginity his heart filled with love that he didn't know he was capable of feeling. She made him crazy and jealous and possessive. But she also made him better and when Luke was next to her anything was possible.

In Reggie he saw his past and his present. But Luke didn't know if he saw his future in Reggie. When he looked in Reggie's eyes he saw a strong, adorable, talented, person. Reggie's laugh made a smile come to his face immediately. With Reggie it would be soft and passionate and loving. He grew up with Reggie and he loved him with every bone in his body.

But there was also the small detail that Julie and Reggie were together and had been for a year. That Reggie knew everything about Julie. And Julie knew everything about Reggie.

If Luke was being honest with himself he felt replaced. Reggie knew about Julies mental health issues before Luke even noticed. Julie knew how to make Reggie smile and laugh and she knew how to calm his nerves.

In truth Luke wanted to be everything Julie needed. He wanted to be her rock and partner and friend and band mate and protector.

And for Reggie? He already was his best friend, and band mate. But what about partner? He loved Reggie. Truly he did. The bassist he called his best friend came in and stole his heart.

But Julie had a tighter grip a round his heart and she wouldn't leave.

Yep. Luke was screwed.

Reggie

Julie Molina was a gift from heaven. Just looking at the girl made his heart beat faster. She was his best friend. He would do anything for her. Julie was his sun.

Luke Patterson was his band mate and friend. And he grew up loving him. Crying into Luke when his parents fought. Listening to Luke play guitar when he needed a distraction from his life. Laughing at the stupid jokes Luke made. Luke was his moon.

Polar opposites and yet they both had a place in his heart.

While Luke was touchy, Julie was very verbal. When Luke would crack a joke, Julie would speak and make it sound so intelligent. When Luke got stressed he took it out on people, while Julie wanted hugs and to rant.

Reggie Peters wanted them both. But at the same time he didn't want either of them. He wanted to find him and see what he wanted.

But losing everything he had with Julie scared the shit out of him. But if he was being honest their relationship was more friend like, with the occasional kiss. They slept together once and then Reggie had to go into protective boyfriend mode.

Reggie might seem stupid but he isn't clueless. He saw how last week at rehearsal Luke sprang up to help Julie. How they took longer than needed. How Luke's glance lingers on Julie when she walks into a room.