·  ·  ·  · 𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

Start from the beginning

"Hey.." You lowered your voice, wiping away the tears that stained his cheeks. You delicately wrapped your fingers around his arm giving it a gentle squeeze. "Stop it."

"How can you face me knowing damn well I was an enemy to your people.. a traitor." Reiner's words came out in a harsh whisper. "Look at me like I'm a damn monster."

You shook your head as hot tears came streaming down your cheeks. "I won't. You were just trying to prove your worth to this damn world and I get it. Maybe I would've reacted differently if I had my memories all in tact but I'm trying my best to understand you because I love you."

"You have no idea how many times I've thought about aiming the gun at myself and pulling the trigger." He inhaled sharply to fight back the urge to sob. "I've been fooling myself into thinking we could go back to falling in love like we did the first time. Our love was so innocent but I've tainted it with my wrong doings."

"We can't talk about that out here..." You pressed your index finger against his lip to quiet him down. He was getting so emotional to the point where he no longer could control his volume. Ever so gently, you grabbed his hand pulling him towards you. "We can talk about it over a warm cup of tea in my room."

  You hugged the wooden tray, holding it close to your chest. Eyes still puffy from crying so much underneath the serene moonlight in an emotional conversation with the one you loved most. William witnessed you and Reiner enter through the front door but decided to not to interrogate you after seeing your face.

Reiner didn't move from his seat. Moving the cup in small circles, watching the hot translucent liquid move clock-wise in a circular motion.

"I love you Reiner." You blurted out, breaking the deafening silence between the two of you. "Truly. What I said back there— I meant it. All of it."

He raised his eyes from the cup, staring into your e/c hues. A large lump formed in his throat. "Are you in your right mind? You're sick aren't you?" His voice cracked.

The way he doubted you stung your heart. You flashed him a look of disappointment, shaking your head. "Is it really that hard to trust me?"

"No!" He raised his hands up in defense, swallowing thickly. Reiner rose from his seat and walked around the table. He bent down to meet your eyes, revealing a genuine look of guilt in his eyes. "I love you too. Way too much. I've become so greedy after meeting you back on Paradis."

You grabbed onto the collar of his white trench coat, pulling his neck forward so his face was only inches away from yours. Reiner's cheeks lit up a crimson shade at the sudden motion. He was still recovering from his emotional state so it was took him a good minute to get a grasp on what you were doing.

"Show me just how much you love me." You spoke in a low whisper causing Reiner's face to further light up.

He obliged to your orders. Heeding your command, showing you just how much he truly loved you. Through pain and pleasure, this was how he was going to show you. Underneath the ever glowing moonlight, he'd take you into a world where it was just the two of you. Just the two of you.

authors note;

AH. what a heavy chapter.
I'm sorry, recently I've been so pumped.
Motivated to be precise. I kind of cringed as I
was writing the end of the chapter. As an innocent
lady, I can't see myself writing mature
content as it would just make me feel
VERY embarrassed. Plus I can't even
put into words how all that goes.

ty for 1000+ reads! i'm ecstatic to
have reached such a milestone.
you all have my deepest
thanks and gratitude.

!SHAMELESS PROMOTION!

hello! ive recently published my aot modern
au fanfiction! it would please me
to get all the opinions i can get on it! as an
amateur writer it is my duty to read
through each comment to better understand
how i can appeal to more audiences.