05. The Royal's Wrongdoings

Start from the beginning

"Whose fault is that?" I snap at him.

"Clearly yours. You should control that temper, though I feel inclined to tell you I quite enjoy it. I like my woman strong."

I slap his hand and arm off me, "My room better not be next to yours." I mutter, glaring up at him. He gives me an indecipherable look, straightening his lips.

Reina steps forward, "Your room is one level above Alpha Julius'. Will that be alright?" She asks me stoically. I nod once, reluctantly, gesturing if she could show me the room as I fold my arms under my chest, stepping forward. Martin seems content in watching me squirm, it wasn't a bond of any kind making me do it, of all things, even being a wolf, I hated the fact transitioning between forms meant shedding clothes. So bloody inconvenient.

"We looked up further in your file..." Reina trails off.

I keep my eyes forward, "What? Checking to make sure I have had an education?" I mutter, practically rolling my eyes.

She sighs as if I tire her out, "That is not what I meant. We would like to know more about you, considering we have found fifteen different files of your name, all fake and all different; neither one is similar. The only real information we know of you is that you're good with computers, your first pack seems almost non-existent." She mentions skeptically.

"All unless you feel the need to secure your identity from someone?" She adds.

I trail my eyes to Martin's. He studied me, only a tense strain against his neck muscles, and the hardening of his eyes wasn't exposing enough. He clenches his fingers into fists, his abdominal muscles. Robert sharply inhales.

"Why would I need to run from someone when most would be running from me? I work for the High Council, an order made to remove those who feel the need to step outside of lines without explanation, affect or harm others without consequence. Everyone has enemies, the difference is whether you run, and by the looks of you, I'd say you three would run." I accent my words carefully, Martin studies me.

Robert's eyes are heightened, his nostrils flare, and his entire aura darkens with the shadows behind him. I sniff the air around him and a power seeps through the cracks to him, calming him in a way only an Alpha can. They're hiding something, and by the sheer looks of it, my words got to Robert. On a personal level. I vowed to find out why, and what. I scrutinize him as he tenses even further. I furrow my eyebrows, "What? Do you disagree? Your clan was always disregarded in the council's meetings." I say to him, stepping forward.

Martin steps forward too.

I remain emotionless, "You know nothing outside the snow, do you?" I whisper in a taunt.

Reina stares at me, guffawing, "You are uneducated." And you are delusional.

"Explain to me how so, considering I rarely find someone within the leagues that I don't know, and no one knows enough about the lot of you to deem yourselves worthy of being in meetings concerning the werewolf nations as we know it, so I'm going to ask again, do you truly disagree with the fact you would run? You don't know the full extent of the laws we must invoke because the last remaining royals of the werewolf species cannot be located in any realm with a vicinity to this one?" I question.

"What do the royals have to do with this?" Reina spits at me.

"They're runts on the run, that's what. They hold little authority now compared to ancient times when they still did nothing and yet were bowed to, they dispersed years ago and yet this library holds documentation far beyond what is educated in schools among students and I know the previous Julius leader had no concern for the royals, so why do you?"