10. Paint Me In Red

Start from the beginning

"Alpha Martin is the winner." Reina announces softly.

My scalp is sore yet again. But my neck felt ripped apart.

"All regulations of the fight are dismissed." Martin's smooth voice echoes.

Robert looks to him, others are confused for a moment, "Then there is no winner." Robert adds, not looking surprised, but he stills as Martin's eyes on me, the way he stares at me. It wasn't that he couldn't believe what he'd just done, just that his eyes opened wider, even for just a moment. Like it was instinctual, he moved closer, squatting next to my seated form, I grab a heated wet towel, holding it against my neck. I wanted him to feel the pain, but what made no sense is why his nose didn't break with mine, why did he not feel pain.

I turn to him slowly, his neck. He contains no injury to the neck, as if a bite is considered loving, not harming.

He studies me, "All magic has loopholes, if you harm me, you will feel it more intensely than I do. But that was not to harm you. Until you fully accept the bond, this will always be how it is. One-sided." He explains in a murmur, so stoic, like he believes this is fair. His people believe this is fair.

I needed to find a way to remove this bond. And soon.

He stares at me, "There is no way to remove it. When you and your wolf come to terms with the fact that you are mine, you will understand what the meaning of happiness consists of. If you embrace us and accept me, we will be happier, you just have to stop fighting, love." He whispers, reaching for my cheek. I inwardly flinch, his thumb grazes my nose, it is fully healed, but his skin against mine leaves me cold. His natural body temperature was warm, yet I fucking felt nothing. I needed to know how he was powerful.

I step away from him, his fingers tremble, he reaches for me again and sighs in content, "Why can't you feel what you do to me?" He whispers, I pull away from him, hand still holding the towel, I needed to heal. I lost, I couldn't say that it didn't sting. They parted for me, but not because of any alpha title, I was a tiny dog in a pack of wolves to them. So to speak.

Let's show them that even a dog can run a wolfs pack.

I didn't come down for dinner, finding the room I was allocated to, I strut in, slam the door closed behind me and pace dents into the floorboards. They creaked with my hush, unorganised movements. I didn't hear the door open until I saw him sitting, or rather lying down in the middle of the bed. Wearing only trousers, grey ones that looked soft to the touch, his abs out in display like a chocolate chip cookie. I wasn't so hungry, I fold my arms.

"You didn't even notice when I came in." He murmurs, his eyes mirthful, as opposed to being intimidating. The skin of my neck aches, while the wound healed, it was still there under my skin. I inwardly glared thunderstorms at him, but instead just stares for a longer moment, how would he like it if I ripped his jugular out with my teeth, huh? Don't think he'd be so fucking amused while gurgling on his own blood. I felt the bite on my arm contain a sting, like applying sanitiser on a small cut against a hand, it stings.

Only in this case, that sting doesn't go away in a few mere counted seconds. It remains. Until I step closer, it gets lighter, more bearable than before. I growl, holding my arm, "What is this?" I spit.

He stares at me, "I honestly have no true idea what you're going on about. Shall I have dinner brought up? Candlelight's a start, right?" His pearly white teeth come out, not nothing to hide the lengthened canines as he silently dares me to argue his proposal.