~𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟~

"You're still going to put your name in, aren't you?"

"I am." I groaned,

"You make my life so much more difficult then it needs to be."

"That's kind of my job." He poked my side

"I hate you."

"I know you do."

"Oi. Let's go." Ron said

"Okay, okay." I waved him off then went upstairs to get dressed

"How was spending the night with Cedric?" Hermione asked

"Nothing special. I was going to come back up last night but we both fell asleep." I shrugged and got dressed

"Oh. Okay. I thought maybe-"

"No, no. Nothing happened 'Mione."

———————

The heads of Houses were ordering their students into lines.

"Weasley, straighten your hat," Professor McGonagall snapped at Ron. "Miss Patil, take that ridiculous thing out of your hair."

Pavarti scowled and removed a large ornamental butterfly from the end of her plait

"Follow me, please," said Professor McGonagall. "First years in front . . . no pushing. . . ."

They filed down the steps and lined up in front of the castle. It was a cold, clear evening; dusk was falling and a pale, transparent- looking moon was already shining over the Forbidden Forest. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I were standing in the fourth row from the front, saw Dennis Creevey positively shivering with anticipation among the other first years.

"Nearly six," said Ron, checking his watch and then staring down the drive that led to the front gates. "How d'you reckon they're coming? The train?"

"I doubt it," said Hermione.

"How, then? Broomsticks?" Harry suggested, looking up at the starry sky.

"I don't think so . . . not from that far away. . . ." I said

And then Dumbledore called out from the back row where he stood with the other teachers — "Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegation from Beauxbatons approaches!"

"Where?" said many students eagerly, all looking in different directions.

"There!" yelled a sixth year, pointing over the forest.

Something large, much larger than a broomstick — or, indeed, a hundred broomsticks — was hurtling across the deep blue sky toward the castle, growing larger all the time.

"It's a dragon!" shrieked one of the first years, losing her head completely.

"Don't be stupid . . . it's a flying house!" said Dennis Creevey.

Dennis's guess was closer. . . . As the gigantic black shape skimmed over the treetops of the Forbidden Forest and the lights shining from the castle windows hit it, they saw a gigantic, powder- blue, horse-drawn carriage, the size of a large house, soaring toward them, pulled through the air by a dozen winged horses, all palominos, and each the size of an elephant.

Out of the carriage stepped a large woman. The only person I could compare her to was Hagrid. She was at least three times the size of a normal person,

"That's one big woman." Fred mumbled behind me,

"Shut up." I said without turning to face him and I heard him laugh